He didn't start the fire

⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️

Mentions fire, burns, yelling

~~~

Hybrid AU

No ones POV

Wilbur and Tommy have wanted to get revenge on Techno for a while, Playfully of course.

First off,
Techno has always been scaring away Friend from Wilbur, as a joke but it turned annoying as Friend doesn't visit as frequently as much.

He also began hiding away Tommys stashed away materials he would find when looking around their area.

Usually the two would brush it off, but now it's been to the point of where they had to take a course of action.

———-

Wilbur snickered at their plan, it's too perfect!

Him and Tommy made a 'poorly' lit campfire.
Their supposed plan is to overcook Technos food. It's their duty to cook today, so why not slightly sabotage?

Phil isn't here yet, so they couldn't really blame them can't they?

The two sat beside this campfire, staring at the chicken and what's around them, just a forest.

Tommy looked at the chicken pierced through the stick once more.
"You sure he's going to fall for it?"

Wilbur nodded his head.
"He's got to, if not we'll..."

Tommy shrugged at his brother, purposely not checking on the chicken.
Wilbur stood up from where he was sitting.

"I'll go inside, make sure it doesn't burn too much!"
Wilbur ran inside, getting a drink for the two boys.

Tommy saluted to his brother, however getting slightly distracted by a small deer hiding in a bush.

Surely he could get near to it and make it back here..
Tommy turned his back from the food, wanting to try see the deer.

He was halfway there.

Tommy then heard the small cackling, probably from the campsite and the smell of smoke.
He waved a small farewell to the deer and turned back to the campfire.

The small embers fell to the ground, now causing a fire to spread.

Tommy stared at the burning flare of fire, starting to slowly get towards the house.

Wilbur. Techno.

Those two don't know.
Tommy held his raccoon tail tightly, he had to do it, but damn it will hurt.

He dashed.

Tommy dashed through the fire, barely making it, and went in the door Wilbur went to enter the house.

He saw a normal looking Wilbur who looked confused, also with Techno, hair longer than before.
"Tommy?"

Tommy opened his mouth to explain, but the fire had already reached them.

[][][][][][]

A tree that once was high above them, crashed just in front of the door where Tommy was standing, he fell to the floor due to the impact, glass shattering.

"TOMMY!"
Techno tried to reach for him, but was too late.

The fire grew immensely, since the glass shattered, the fire spread into their home easily.

A lot of coughing was heard, smoke was everywhere and it was all a blur.

But only one wasn't panicking as much.

Techno.

He lived in the Nether, he does have a high tolerance with fire, even lava. This is his chance.

"Techno! Take Tommy and run!"
Wilbur screamed over the fire that was spreading, starting to reach the exit of the house.

"But what about-?!"

"GO!"
Wilbur yelled, grabbing Tommy who looked dizzy and about to pass out.
Reluctantly, Techno carried Tommy, piggyback style and ran to the exit.

Techno didn't know what they were supposed to do now.
He looked behind to see Wilbur trying to catch up but the fire grew and stopped Wilbur.

"WIL!"
Techno screamed, he couldn't hear Wilbur.

He had to push through, Techno continued to run to get outside, to save Tommy.

Techno made it out.

Tommy still coughing. Crying as well.

"Stay here."
Techno demanded, running back into the burning house.

Techno heard Tommy's cries to save Wilbur, or to stay safe. But that doesn't matter.

Running into the house again, it was more harder to see.

Techno covered his mouth and nose, and stormed through the burning area.

He dodged and fires that flared against him, it hurt like hell.
His arm was definitely sore. A burn probably.

He reached to where Wilbur was on the ground, tears eyed and covering his face.
Wilbur is obviously the most vulnerable one here when it comes to fire and all that.

"..Wil!"
Techno yelled out, grabbing the attention of Wilbur.

Techno grabbed his hand and ran. However it being much more of a difficult task.
The ceiling looked like it was about to break at any moment.

"..Wilbur..we..we've got to run for it ok?"
Techno tried to reassure Wilbur who was weak.

Techno received a small nod.

Techno held Wilburs hand tighter, and ran.

Wilbur was nearly losing his grip, but Techno stood strong.

Techno made sure Wilbur wouldn't get any burns, or at least tried to.
When there was a flare of fire in their way, Techno would cover it, attempt to.
Allowing Wilbur to pass through.

[][][][][][]

Tommy waited outside, his tail might've caught fire, but Techno and Wilbur are in much more danger.

He had been standing outside for what seemed to be too long.

Finally, he saw the familiar pink hair.
Soon following him brown.

Techno! Wilbur!

"Techno! Wil!"
Tommy ran to his brothers who fell to the ground weakly, Wilbur being the weakest.

"..hey.."
Wilbur managed to mutter out, his arm wrapped around Techno.

Tommy jumped into a hug, they all fell to the ground in agony.
Tommy looked at the burning house, their house of memories.

Surely they could make a new one.

"Techno-"
Tommy saw Techno closing his eyes, his breathing at a very slow pace.

"...Techno?"

Wilbur was also passed out, hopefully not dead.

"..Wil..?"

Tommy stared at his two brothers.
Then at the house.

Tommy now has a huge secret.

Tommy started it. It's all his fault.

But he'll say,

He never started the fire.