13

What's this?! An update? Something that rarely happens?

I'll be honest. Online school is shittier than real school. Australia had so many lockdowns and the numbers are still rising. Some people have had protests and gathered in a large group and that was probably why the numbers are almost 300 in Sydney. And the government said they wanted less than 10 cases 

Fuck my life.

BTW, I probably switch from Chris to Chan a lot.

______________________________________________________________________________

Baekhyun ignored the shout, unbothered since he was used to loud noises, (ahemChanyeolahemChenahem). He continued to fiddle with the elephant, petting the ruffled fur and cuddling it. Felix was pissed. Was he deaf? Felix watched as Baekhyun continued to ignore his indications of weaning patience. 

Chanyeol, on the other side, could see and sense every single one of them. He saw the way Felix was grinding his jaw and the way Felix's fists clenched and unclenched, clearly going to hit Baekhyun. And judging by the stories circulating Felix, Felix doesn't hesitate to strike. Chanyeol was not going to let that happen to Baekhyun...again.

"Baby...why don't you give the elephant back to Felix?" Baekhyun shook his head stubbornly. "Baekkie wanna keep Ellie" Felix was outraged at the thought of Baekhyun keeping his elephant and the limit of his patience was dangerously near. Letting out a cry, Felix tackled Baekyun, pinning him onto the spongy playmats. Chanyeol rushed to save Baekhyun who was squirming and crying from shock from underneath Felix.

Chan was entering back from the kitchen with a tray with snacks and cups of beverages. He instantly caught sight of the fight in the playpen and hurriedly placed the tray onto the coffee table. Together with Chanyeol, the caregivers pried the two away and while Chanyeol was comforting a sobbing Baekhyun, Chan was inside the playpen, giving a lecture to Felix. 

Chan knelt next to Felix, the stuffed elephant (which was cast aside during the fight) in his hand. "Felix, why did you do that? You could've just asked for it back." Felix squirmed uncomfortably at the close distance and the attention. He didn't need to explain himself to anyone. One look at the situation and you could have seen what Baekhyun did wrong. 

Felix fiddled with his fingers and muttered incoherent words under his breath. "What did you say?" Felix sucked in a breath of air and muttered. "He took my elephant and when I yelled at him, he didn't give it back."

Chan looked at Chanyeol for confirmation and Chanyeol nodded grimly while he chewed on the chocolate biscuits and strawberries, Baekhyun at his side once again, looking happier as he, too, was stuffing strawberries into his cheeks.

Chan sighed and raked a hand through his blond hair before turning back to Felix. "Well, Baekhyun isn't going to take your plushie and here he is." Chan plopped the plushie into Felix's lap and smiled at the sight of Felix snatching it up and stashing it behind his back. "If I knew you were going to be this aggressive towards Baekhyun, I should've called Wonwoo and Mingyu instead. You don't seem to be that bothered by Wonwoo." 

It was true. Even at the first meeting, Felix didn't mind the company of Wonwoo. He seemed very calm and collected, unlike this pesky, loud, clingy Bacon here.

"Now that you've calmed down, do you want to come out to eat something?" Felix took a glance at the food available and saw the strawberries on display. Grudgingly, Felix nodded and allowed himself to be picked up out of the playpen and on the opposite side of Baekhyun. Baekhyun shot him a sharp glare and Felix returned it with an even more ferocious stare. Chris and Chanyeol could practically see the lightning streak between the pair's eyes.

Chanyeol gave a hearty chuckle and smothered Baekhyun to his side. "Baekkie, I did warn you. It's your fault for being an ass." Baekhyun rolled his eyes and took a sip of his milk. "Baekkie just wanted da 'phant" Felix let out a growl at that statement. How many times does that Baekhyun need to be beaten up get through to his head that the elephant was his?

Chanyeol and Baekhyun lingered for 30 minutes longer before deciding that it was time to leave. The pair was shown to the door but not before scampering to the kitchen to raid Chris's cupboard of chocolate biscuits. They left the house with pockets and cheeks stuffed with sweets. Chan shook his head and closed the front door, adding to his mental checklist to shop as there was only so much he could cook out of a dozen eggs, salad leaves and meat.

Not enough to survive on.

Chan looked at his watch and saw that it was edging towards 7:00. If all went well, there would be no more random break-ins into his house and he would have enough time to ready dinner and have Felix in bed by 8:30. But practically nothing was ever in Chris's favour. Almost every night, one couple/ person would at least crash for dinner as the most common excuse was that "their fridge was empty". Well, at this rate, Chris's fridge would be empty as well.

Felix was fiddling with his elephant, occasionally brushing the fur out of its eyes. Chan smiled at the sight and decided to turn towards him as Felix seemed like he was calmer. Felix heard the sound of footsteps and whipped his head around to see Chan tower over him. "C'mon, I have to prep dinner. Do you want to stay here or come with me?"

Felix just buried his face into the elephant plushie's fur and shook his head gently. Chan closed his eyes and sighed before picking up the empty tray to take to the kitchen. "Yell if you need anything!" Felix was surprised. He never thought that Chan trusted him enough to leave on his own. But again, the chances of escaping this place was hella low. And Felix was tired after attacking Baekhyun.

Felix sat the elephant plushie next to him on the couch. Now that he thinks about it, Felix was tired of calling elephant plushie 'Elephant Plushie'. It was quite a mouthful. After looking at the plushie for an extended amount of time, Felix came up with a name. 

"Truffles"

Felix said the name and let it hang around in the room. The fur looks like a truffle (even though it may not feel like it) and some special truffles are sometimes grey in colour. Felix cracked a rare smile and brought Truffles in for a hug. Unknown to Felix, Chan was actually peeking from the edge of the doorway, suspicious at the lack of noise. He was not expecting to see Felix smiling and cuddling the plushie. And by the sound of it, Felix had given it a name.

Wonderful.

Chan then pretended that he was not snooping the whole time and proceeded to knock on the doorframe. He witnessed Felix jump in surprise and stash Truffles underneath a cushion. "Not to interrupt anything but dinner is ready." Felix gave a single nod and followed Chan to the kitchen. Felix was walking behind Chan until a sudden stop in Chan's pace made him face-plant into Chan's back.

"I was gone for TWO seconds and how the FUCK did you guys get in?!"