31

*cough cough* (crawls out from under rubble)

I-is anyone there?

Oof.. it's been a while and a bit, hasn't it? Don't get your hopes up though, I might dip again :')

https://open.spotify.com/track/4DUxTwhz0knbuCpVwesC1R?si=09f55ec42c334c7d

(an absolute mood, this song is)

________________________________________________________________________________

Chan sighed as he stretched out on the lounge chair, groaning as he felt his joints pop. Stretching out a messily nail-polished hand, he groped for the iced mocktail resting on the coffee table and watched as his little tumbled on the grass, having the time of his life. Taking a long sip, Chan drained the glass and adjusted his sunnies before relaxing into a comfortable position. He fucking earned this.

It has been a good month since Kun was discharged from the hospital, much to the relief of its residents and staff. The man had taken his lodging to a storm, lecturing poor Changmin and his nurses on the food, accommodation and the general lack of vibes in the place. ('This place has no personality, no flavour! I could be chewing on a mattress and not know its difference compared to the "steak" you serve.'). He only calmed when YangYang came to visit, but that came with a different set of problems, mainly the elderly man who seemed to make it his purpose to glare and complain about the boy.

The day that Kun came home was met with fanfare and a small 'welcome home' party, which was supposed to be small until Jackson got wind of it and managed to elevate the gathering into a full-on frat house-like party at the park. Several dozens of people and their family made their appearances, congratulating Kun on his speedy recovery and just enjoying the atmosphere. The littles indulged in their freedom and frolicked around on the play equipment under the careful eyes of their caregivers until the party started to trickle to a stop.

Felix had a wonderful time at the party, socialising with the other littles for a good while before he felt his social battery draining. With Chan's supervision, he scaled a leafy tree, high enough to get away from the bustling below but high enough so that it would take some skill to get up and down. As he settled on a sturdy branch, Felix relaxed and draped his figure over the leaves, sighing as he took in the peace and quiet.

That was until he felt the branches shake under the weight of someone

"W'nwoo!" Felix slowly shifted his figure to a sitting position and faced his friend, who probably worn off his social battery an hour into the party. Mingyu however, could be heard stumbling about the party and joking around. The pair hung out in their spot, eating the snacks that Wonwoo had stored away in his overalls and giggling every time someone did something humorous, like Mingyu freaking out and falling after his face brushed a tree branch while he was chasing other littles.

That day was fun.

Unlike this one.

It all stemmed from the events of last night, where Chan was working hours into the nights, long after he had out Felix to bed. The man had finished well after 3 am and promptly left his office to brush his teeth and collapse into bed. Chan was knocked out, not even a fire in the kitchen could wake him up. As it proved.

Felix woke up the next morning at his usual time of around 8 am and it took around 15 minutes of waiting and the urge to pee for him to clamber out of his crib. After finishing his business in the bathroom and refreshing himself like a big boy, Felix headed towards his caregiver's bedroom to check on why on earth was there no one to pick him up and give him his sleepy morning cuddles. Peeking around the corner, Felix giggled at the sight of Chan smushed into his pillows, snoring his head away.

"Daddy's asleep!" Felix whispered to no one in particular. That meant he was free to do whatever he wanted. Without Daddy ever knowing. He was going to have so much fun and get away with it as long as he cleaned up any evidence like a good boy.

Felix spent the next hour or so watching TV and playing with Truffles, alternating activities when each began to dull in excitement. He was in the middle of a heated debate with Truffles when he heard his stomach whine from hunger. Felix pouted and wrapped his arms around his midsection. He normally had breakfast at around 8:45 so he was starving.

Felix's thoughts drifted the breakfast that Chan had seen and made from TikTok recently. It was something akin to avocado toast with garlic confit pesto and burrata, so in other words: breakfast to die for. It shouldn't be too hard to make...right? He just had to be careful with the oven and the pan and the oil and the taking of burrata and the knives... Felix would be fine.

As it turns out, making garlic confit was harder than the lady in the Tiktok made it out to be. Felix messily poured the olive oil into the closest non-plastic container, which by luck just happened to be a ceramic ramekin. He dug around the kitchen for the garlic cloves and thank god he paid attention to the video, which he pulled up on his Ipad, otherwise he would have used canola oil. He was extra careful when handling the oven though.

The true panic set in once Felix realised that he would have to toast the bread on the stove, which he was not allow to operate unsupervised. But he would be fine, right? Felix eyed the amount of oil he put in the slightly-smoking pan and tossed the thick slice of bread in. And he definitely did not scream and alert Chan when the bread splattered in the pan and made the flames flare up from the oil splash.

"I SMELL BURNING!"

Chan rushed through the threshold to the kitchen and immediately pulled Felix away from the flaming pan. Looking around, Chan grabbed the large lid off the wok and used it to smother the flames for shutting off the gas. Felix hung from Chan's arms like a surfboard, enjoying the front-row scene before Chan turned towards him.

"FELIX YONGBOK LEE!!"