29

Hoe Hoe Hoe! Santa Hoe (me) comes bearing a new chapter

________________________________________________________________________________

It has officially been 3 days, 10 hours, 30 minutes and 37 seconds since the kidnapping. Chan had stuck to his little like glue, refusing to let the boy even take a step out of the 1-metre radius of Chan in fear of Felix suddenly disappearing. Felix liked the attention, loved it even, but it was the 3rd day and there were no threats as far as the eye can see. 

Kun had yet to come back so Chan had invited YangYang to live with the two of them until Kun returned, giving the little the guest bedroom. Yangyang was mostly indifferent since as long as he had entertainment, food and a roof over his head, he honestly didn't care. Everything had calmed down, with the community settling down after all that drama. 

True to Felix' Boss's words, Linong had packed up and moved out before Chan, Felix and YangYang had even gotten back. No one saw where he went and when security went to check on the house, they found it bare. It was like Linong was never there. 

Which was honestly a relief. Felix was glad that the last link of his past life had finally left, as it left Felix only looking forward. Each day was refreshing, even if it started and ended the same. With Chan here, everything was just right. YangYang was a bonus.

Of course, happiness came with a price

Once the whole kidnapping fiasco was over, Chan had given Felix his phone back, trusting the younger to not do anything stupid with it. Felix had promptly blocked and deleted any connections on the phone that were related to his former gang. But of course, that never has stopped anyone, has it?

It was around 9:30 in the morning.

Felix had gotten a text from an unknown number. He was about to delete and block when a second text shot through.

Unknown:

Meet me behind the big tree in your backyard 

Seen 9:30 am

Block this number and I'll make sure you'll eat only asparagus for a week. You know I can do that

Seen 9:31 am

Felix peered through the window to see a pair of beady eyes staring back at him. Sighing, Felix stumbled to his feet and waddled to the backdoor. "Daddy! I'm gonna play outside!" Chan poked his head out of the office and nodded. "Lixie, gimme a second and I'll come with you."

Felix made a noise of agreement and waited until he heard the familiar footsteps of Chan. "'K baby, you ready?" Instead of replying, Felix pushed the door open and pushed Chan to the furthest corner of the backyard. "Daddy count! Lixie go hide!"

Chan complied, turning his back obediently to the fence and began to count aloud to 60. Wasting no time, Felix ran behind the big tree, seeing exactly who he was expecting. 

His Boss.

Immediately going into a defensive position, Felix raised a steady fist to his boss's face. "You have one minute." Boss laughed and easily sent Felix tumbling to the ground. "How adorable, Felix, but I believe that I taught you better than that." Leaning closer to the boy, he whispered. "Always go on the offensive, my darling." 

Felix scowled and immediately got to his feet. "You have...42 seconds before Chan comes and whoops your ass with a shovel." Boss sighed and straightened his blazer. "You're in such a bad mood, Lixie-poo, lighten up." Casually blocking a hasty round-house kick with his arm, Boss pretended to think. 

"I suppose I don't have a reason to bother you anymore since Kun conveniently dropped in." Felix swallowed hard. "In other words, you are useless to me now but you do have the option to visit now and then 'cause Soobin and the others have been asking about you." Boss laughed with his head in his hand. "Please do, I only have so much patience to not shoot them in the head to shut them up."

15......14......13....

Boss chuckled and checked his watch. "I think it's time I see myself off, darling." Felix huffed and crossed his arms. It wouldn't be true if he said that he wasn't glad that his (ex) boss was leaving. That man had long overstayed his welcome. Felix turned around, ready to leave that wretched man behind

"And sweetie?" Felix groaned and half-heartedly turned around. "What now?" In the minuscule amount of time that Felix had not had his eyes on his (ex) boss, the lithe man had managed to snake his way up to the topmost branches of the big tree. Boss grinned and tapped on his watch. 

"In approximately 5 seconds, your 'Channie' will be getting a phone call from the hospital."

Seconds later, Felix heard his caregiver's voice frantically calling him from across the backyard. "Felix Lee! I just got a phone call from the hospital about Kun! So move that cute ass of yours and get YangYang!" Felix swivelled his head around to goggle at his boss, only to find out that sneaky cat had once again disappeared.

"Wait, what the hell?!"

Still, in a daze, Felix absent-mindedly dragged his feet inside the house, where he found Chan impatiently tapping his foot against the ground and Yang Yang nonchalantly scrolling through his phone. "We ready to go bubs? I heard that Kun is fine, really, but the hospital wanted to keep him there for some more in case something abrupt tries to wipe him out." 

With that statement, Chan ushered the two littles out the door and into his car, since the hospital was a 30-minute walk and he wanted to get there as soon as possible. It was honestly amusing, seeing as Chan was the most anxious of all of them, including Kun's own little.

The ride had taken approximately 10 minutes, with Chan nearly driving like a madman, weaving and dodging cars like in scenes from Mission Impossible. The trio almost ran down an elderly patient that was lounging in the foyer, causing the said elderly man to shake his fist and curse at them.

"Fuck you little shits, you no rizz bastard twinks, no balls......."

Hurrying to cramp themselves into a near-full elevator, Chan held each little one under one arm and practically hoisted them like surfboards to get to Kun's room faster. Once in the room, Chan took a ridiculously big breath, set the boys down gingerly and was about to knock on the door when...

The double doors flew open with such force it almost knocked Felix over. There standing in all his glory and blue hospital gown and iv drip stand behind him, was Mama Kun. 

"The food is ABSOLUTE shit! Get me OUT OF HERE!"