An Unworthy Date

A few days later...

Gabe's POV
I slowly wake up. I feel somewhat familiar arms around me, almost as if hugging me. It was James. I didn't really mind. I smile and close my eyes. And then I hear quiet sobbing coming from behind me. I open my eyes and turn around to see that James was crying. I hug him. "What's he matter?", I ask him. "N - nothing", he says meanwhile holding back tears. "There is obviously something wrong", I disagree. "N - no. Nothing.", James replies. I sigh and give him a peck on his cheek. He smiles weakly. "I'm going to make breakfast.", I inform him. "Okay", he says as he slowly loosens his grip around my waist. I get out of bed and go to take a short shower.

After the shower...

I come out to see James crying once again. He seemed to be sleeping though. I hear him mumbling under his breath. "No, you can't have him!", he mumbles. "He is mine!", he breathes. James' fists clench. I go and quickly hug him to try and calm him. His fists slowly began to deform. I let go of him and walk downstairs. I begin to make breakfast. I hear the door begin to unlock. That was strange. I had thought that Cedric and Jordan were upstairs along with James. And Nathan had been on a business trip. The door opens, revealing Nathan. He wasn't lugging as many things as I had expected to. Instead, he had on a backpack and that was all. I turn back to the food I was making. I hear footsteps coming up from behind me. "Hi Gabe", Nathan says. "Hi Nathan!", I say in my usual cheery mood. "So what are you doing?", he asks me. "Making breakfast.", I respond. "Yeah, I can see that.", he replies. "Anything... I dunno... maybe... later tonight?", he asks me in an excited mood. "No, I'm not really doing much.", I reply. "Yes! Here is my chance!", I hear Nathan mumble under his breath. "So, I have something for you to do for me later.", he tells me. "And what may that be?", I ask him. "I need you to go get something at the jet skis at around 7:00 PM.", Nathan tells me. "Ok", I respond not taking my eyes off of the frying pan. "Alright sweet! Bye!", Nathan responds as he walks away. I sigh. More work for me to do! Great! Great! Just absolutely great! I finish cooking breakfast and set up the table. I place the food on the plates. "Breakfast is ready!", I call upstairs. "Coming", multiple voices reply. I sit down at the table. So does everyone else. We eat as we pass around video ideas. "We could go collab with someone!", Cedric says. "Sure!", Nathan responds. "With who then?", James asks. Everyone went silent trying to think. "Ummm, maybe Carter?", Jordan says. We all nod. "That is a good idea! I will go ask him now!", Nathan responds as he walks away to his room. It was just James, Cedric, Jordan, and I left at the table. "I'm going to go shower.", Cedric says after a few minutes of utter silence. "Alright.", we all say. Cedric goes up to his room to shower. "I'm going to see my girlfriend.", Jordan says a couple of minutes later. James and I nod. Jordan grabs a pair of keys and walks out the door. James sighs. "Gabe...", James starts. "Yeah?", I ask him. "Um, did... um, Nathan maybe bring anything up, earlier.. maybe?", James asks stumbling quite a lot. I think for a few seconds. "Um, well now that I think of it, he did say to meet him at the jet skis at around 7.", I reply. "Did he say exactly why?", he asks me. "No, but I am pretty sure he wanted me to do work.Why?", I reply. "Well... how do I say this?... This may not be what you think. Just saying.", James informs me. "Um, ok then...", I say. I get up from the table and go to do random things. Such as: Washing The Dishes; Getting Things From The Warehouse; Buying Things From The Store. Just to name a few. After doing a whole bunch of stuff it was 6:57. I rush over to the jet skis. By now it 6:59. Nathan rides a dirt bike here. My gaze follows him as he nearly runs over my foot. I jump back to avoid him. "Woah!", Nathan yells as the bike falls in the water with him on it. I help him up and help take the bike out of the water. "So what's up?", I ask him. "Is, Gabe, I was wondering....", Nathan starts with a fast pace and then drifts off. "Maybe you would like to go on a-um...", Nathan trails off once again. "Just spit it out!", I yell at him in a playful manner. "I was w-wondering if maybe you'd like to go on a-um d-date.", Nathan finishes. I stare at him. He bites his bottom lip. "But... but... Nathan. You already know me and James are dating. And besides... you have never had feelings for me.", I reply. "Well, actually. I-I do have feelings for you. And I know you  and James are dating, but... I got his permission!", Nathan says. "James would never let you go on a date with me!", I reply. "Well, actually I have proof..
if you want to see it.", he says. "Fine", I reply. He shows me a couple of texts from James. It did clearly state that I could go on a date with him. "Fine", I give in. "But just one.", I add almost immediately. "Alright, sweet!", Nathan responds. He take me to the small island. It was just about sunset as we arrived there. There was a table there with a whole bunch of stuff that I have never even heard of before on it. Nathan sat me down in a chair and then began the date. It lasted about 30 minutes before I excused myself to the bathroom. I go to the bathroom and when I come out, I don't return to Nathan. He didn't call me though, so I really didn't think I was in trouble. I ran up to James's room. He was there on the bed, not doing anything, but staring into space. I knock on the door. "Come in.", he says without taking his eyes off of the ceiling. I close the door and jump onto James. His attention went from the ceiling to me in no time at all. "I MISSED YOU!!!", he yells as he gets on top of me pushing me to the bottom. "I missed you too.", I reply. "Did he do anything? Do you choose him over me?", James asks me. "No, James. I will never choose anyone over you. Especially Nathan.", I reply with exaggeration on Nathan. "I love you.", James says. "I love you too.", I reply.

James's POV
I love him

Chapter: 14
Word Count: 1213

Sorry for slow updating guys, I am having trouble thinking of ideas. Feel free to comment or DM me any ideas. Have an amazing day/night y'all bye!