Chapter Eight

--Unknown, Utah

--Marco

--2080. 

My grandmother had told stories of this. What happened after, however, she wouldn't speak about. The videos continued, jumping into the War, and, the development of the weapons that we have now. Then the Screen disappeared. "So, you're suggesting we...what? Go back in time?" Leo piped up from behind me. "You don't have a choice." Eliza Wolf smiled. I shivered. Her smile was more chilling than her words. "And time travel is real..." A girl; I believe her name was Aquamarine, spoke from somewhere in the crowd. "...We'll be your lab rats." She concluded, the realization spreading across her face. Once again, Eliza Wolf smiled. "You don't have a choice." Her smile grew wider. "And if you choose to resist, you'll end up like poor Timmy Jhonson." Another video appeared on the Screen, and a gasp ran through the crowd. Some people knew him; like me, and a few others did not. Then, Eliza Wolf motioned for us to follow her down another corridor. Caged animals lined the walls, pacing behind the bars as if they were anticipating something. One of them in particular caught my eye. Rather, the gleaming ruby color that shone faintly in the dark. The creature didn't look like anything I'd ever seen before, however, it felt like I knew of it, somehow. And, strung around its neck, a brilliant ruby stone. It hung on a polished gold chain. I felt drawn to it, reaching my hand between the bars and grasping the chain. As if the creature knew, it shook the chain off of its neck and it fell into my hand. Quickly, I slipped it into my pocket and caught up with the others. Eliza Wolf hadn't noticed a thing. But someone else did. Her black hair cascaded over her shoulders, and her eyes bore into my soul. Or so it seemed. She was as creepy as Wolf and her smiles. And as she turned around, I noticed a shimmer of blue around her wrist. I'm seeing things now...great. I thought, blinking my eyes and quickly turning to face forward again. "You'll be staying here for now," I jumped a little at the sound of Wolf's voice. It was a simple room, filled with bunks, and divided down the middle. The doorway was wide but connected. It looked as if the divider had been added last-minute, and wasn't meant to be there. Of course, we already knew what the dividers were for before Wolf told us. "Girls on the left, boys on the right." She said. We filed into our assigned side, and I noticed that our suitcases and bags had been left in the middle of the room, labeled with our names. The others had begun to inspect theirs, probably to make sure everything they brought was still there. I grabbed the bag that I had brought, slung it up onto a bunk, turned on the light, and sighed. I was too tired to do much of anything. I laid down, closed my eyes, and tried my best to sleep in this new and horror-filled place.                                                                                             ###I awoke to footsteps echoing off the walls. Whose, I was unsure. It had to be one or two of the other boys here, however, in the dark, I couldn't see a thing. I sat up, banging my head on the bunk, before finally finding the light and turning it on. But I was too late. All I heard was the door click behind whoever had snuck out. "Hey!" I jumped a little and hit my head on the bunk again. Rubbing my head, I peered up at the person who laid on the bunk above me. Someone who I hadn't noticed before. "I'd like to sleep you know," He grumbled. Here comes trouble, I thought. 

--A/N-Sorry for being gone for so long!! I really lost motivation because at the time I'm posting this, not a lot of ppl finish the chapters I post. I also lost motivation for other reasons, and didn't know how to finish this chapter. This one is a lot shorter, but I assure you, the next chapters will be at their normal length. I have to get back into writing things after a short break. And, to those who are reading this, thank you so much, it means a lot that you'd stick around for the rest of the book. 

Have a nice day/night!

--Laura S.