Chapter Fifteen

-Third-Person POV-

-Berlin, Germany

-2019.

The group of teens sat in silence. Mostly.

"I mean, what are we supposed to do about it?"

"There isn't anything that we could do,"

"I know that. I was trying to say that we aren't going to be able to do anyhting on our own, much less with other people. As far as I know, we're citizens of this society now."

Lori listened silently as the conversations went on, lost in thought over the topic at hand. She noticed one other girl, at the back of the crowd, staring at the ground. She didn't have much to say when she spoke and didn't have much to do when she wasn't. Her name was Luna if I remember right. Lori thought, turning away, instead studying the file folders lain out in front of her. She sighed.

"Guys, I don't think there is an answer to this." The chatting silenced and everyone looked at Lori.

"What do you mean?" Stefan asked from somewhere in the middle.

"I don't think there's an answer as to why we are here. Maybe we should at least try and believe what the government said for once. They might be right this time."

"How so?" Marco called from the back.

"I don't know, but I think our best bet is to at least try to make things better here, after all, this is a once-in-a-lifetime chance. Maybe we should give it a shot and try to save these people." Lori said, staring at the carpeted floor.

"I don't know, what if they're lying and they just sent us back for no reason?" Sage questioned.

"Would the government do anything without a reason?"

"Good point."

Lori sighed. "Let's just give it a shot. We might end up actually doing something and being able to live out our lives here." The group began to whisper, from person to person, before someone from the back spoke up.

"I think we all agree," Luna said quietly. "That we should try this out."

Lori gave a brief nod. "Then I guess we should come up with some kind of plan."

The group spent the following hours planning out everything that they'd do for the next week or so, deciding that they'd rest at the hotel for the night and move on to meet their contact the next day. The group once again split up into groups, then settled in for their first night in their new world. 

A/N-Hey y'all! I've returned after what seems to be a very long break! So I got most of the author stuff done and I actually have a decent ending for the book (it's gonna be a surprise, trust me) however I'm not done with all the character planning stuff (don't worry, I'll get to it). I wanted to publish a chapter though, so I finished this one just now for all of you! 

School isn't as bad as I thought it would be, and other than occasionally dreading soccer practice, I'm actually happy! Well, but I hate having to use lockers again 'cause they just suck. 

Anyway, I'm super excited to get back into writing, and although it may not be on a schedule (since apparently even more things have been added to my list of projects), I promise I will update all of my books at least once every two weeks unless I'm REALLY busy. 

Aside from that, I hope y'all enjoyed this (short) chapter, and I hope that y'all have an amazing day/night!

--Laura S.