Chapter Eighteen

(Third Person POV) Salt Lake City, USA2019.The group awoke the next morning to the same apartment they'd seen before they fell asleep. They had been confronted, right away, with the realization that today, they'd be going to New York. Leo was excited to go home; to see what his deserted land looked like when it was alive, however, the others were hesitant to leave. They lived in all different parts of the country, but what bothered them most was what they might find when they got there. It was terrifying to them-the past, and what it might tell them about their future. Leo and a few others waited silently for the rest of them to wake up. "What do you think New York will be like?" Luke asked Leo. "You're from New York, right?" "Yeah," Leo replied. "And, I don't know what it'll be like, but I don't think there's anything worse than where we came from, so I wouldn't worry too much." Luke nodded. Slowly other members of the group began to awaken, and one by one joined the circle in Lisa Brown's living room. "Should we just leave?" "I don't think that's right. Maybe we could leave a note," "Alright, alright, everyone," Penny said, silencing the other five. "Let's leave a note and head out. I talked to Ms. Brown a little more yesterday, and she said the flight leaves at noon. We have four hours." "Then we should get going I suppose," Jem replied. "No, we need a plan. There's no way that they're going to let six kids on a plane, not to mention, without any adults," Luke said. "Well then, what do you suppose we do?" Penny asked. "Maybe we have someone pose as Ms. Brown. She's obviously and adult," Luke suggested. "Fair point," Penny cut in. "But how do you suppose we do that?" "We could steal her liscense," Jem offered. "Yes, that would work," Penny said. "We need someone to 'be' Ms. Brown. Who fits her description?" "Well, she's not tall, has brown hair and brown eyes, I don't think anyone here exactly fits her description." Leo said, looking around at the girls in the group. Jem had an idea. She dug through the bag she carried with her for anything useful, she thought she might be good at all that make-up stuff and disguises anyway. And at the bottom of the bag, she found a small round case labeled 'assorted contacts.' Jem smiled. "We have one solution to the issue, now we just need someone to match the rest." Jem held the container of contacts in her and took another look at the other girls there. "Penny, would you be willing to cut your hair?"

A/N-Once again this looked a lot longer when I was writing it.

Although, I'm fairly proud of this here chapter so I'm good with it being short. 

How are y'all? 

We finally got snow where I live and honestly, I've been waiting an entire year to go skiing. Now it's just agonizing waiting for the perfect day. 

I hope all of you had a wonderful New Year and Holidays, apologies for not posting any good wishes, I was busy and spent most of that time with my family trying to 'enjoy' an 11-day-long break (wow thanks school). What did y'all do over the holidays? I hope you guys enjoyed it a lot. 

Anyway, apologies for the long message, I hope y'all have a great day/night!

--Laura S.