Chapter 8 Friday Night

The rest of the day seemed to bast in a blur after lunch. Xavier insisted on walking me to History even though Ivy and Audrey had the same class.

Mr. Davis seemed to glare at Xavier ever so slightly when he gave me my books back and turned back around to go to his own class. I just brushed it off as maybe Mr. Dvais had Xavier in one of his classes last year and he just didn't do well or something like that. But even as I tried to tell myself that, I could feel that it was a lie. There had to be something more.

Even gym class seemed to fly by. We all just had to do laps around the track and some stretching, Mrs. Hunt didn't even seem to really care herself. I spent the whole class just walking around the track and talking with Xavier, he insisted on telling me more stories about what it was like growing up with Grayson and Brad.

When I got home after school I casually brought the idea of me spending the night with Ivy and Audrey, leaving out the part of the boys. I knew that she wouldn't let me go if she knew there would be boys, she would insist that I would somehow get pregnant by being near them.

"I think that it's a great idea," mom said through a fork full of pasta. "I knew it wouldn't take you long to make friends at all"

"Yeah, we just kind of clicked," I shrugged.

"Well I'm happy for you," mom smiled.

"Me too."

Friday came and went and before I even knew it I was driving behind ivy and following her to Xavier's house. He lived a little way out of town in the forest, and I was expecting to see a small, cute cabin. But instead, I was meant with a huge, modern stone house that looked like it cost more than my life.

"This is Xavier's place?" I asked Ivy completely shocked.

"No I lead you to a random house in the woods," Ivy rolled her eyes at me.

I quickly grabbed my duffle bag out of my car and followed Ivy up the few steps and through the front door. And just like I expected, the place was absolutely beautiful. With tall ceilings and polished wood floors, I was in love.

"Addison," Cecelia squealed practically jumping down the stairs and wrapping her arms around me. "I'm so glad you're here!" And then she leaned in even slower and whispered in my ear. "Xavier hasn't stopped talking about you coming over."

And then just as fast as Cecelia came, she rushed back up the stairs and out of sight leaving me completely confused.

"She's right you know," Ivy pipped up. "Xavier was over the moon when you said that you'd come over."

"Please," I rolled my eyes at her. "I just moved here and met him, that's all."

Ivy didn't say anything more but gave me a look and lead me through the house and out to the backyard where Brad, Audrey, Grayson, and Xavier all were. They were all sitting around a small fire and laughing. Everyone got here before us because I forgot to grab my bag this morning so Ivy followed home after school and then lead me to Xavier's. She claimed that I would get lost too easily if she didn't show me the way.

"Hey!" I greeted everyone. "Sorry that we're late."

Ivy rushed over to Grayson and gave him a quick kiss before sitting down in his lap. Leaving the only empty seat available beside Xavier. Not that I was complaining.

"Hey Addison," Xavier breathed out when I dropped in the seat beside him.

"Finally!" Brad hollered from the other side of the table. "Now he's finally done mopping and we can actually have a good time.

"I was not mopping," Xavier quickly bit back. "I was just worried that maybe you changed your mind and decided not to come."

"Yeah, let's go with that," Grayson snorted.

"I think it's sweet," I whispered to Xavier.

I had only been in Midnight Creek for a few days but being around Xavier made me feel like I was at home. And I had only known him for a few days.

"So are we gonna go watch a movie or what?" Audrey asked.

"Or we could go down to the creek?" Grayson suggested.

--

Hey guys!
What do you think so far?
Good, bad?
Plead let me know :)
Thanks!