Chapter 15 This Feeling

I couldn't shake the feeling like someone was watching me all day at school, and even when I got home. I tried to brush it off as just one of the wolves Xavier sent to watch over and protect me. But something wasn't sitting right.

I also couldn't get over the way Andrew kept touching my hand and scouting his chair closer to mine during biology. He just kept moving closer and closer to me to the point where I could feel his breath on my face.

Lunch was my favourite part of the day. Souly for the reason that I got to see Xavier, my heart was starting to ache a bit when we were apart. I would have to ask him about the next time I saw him, today I was just too focused on all the eyes following me.

"Your highness," Grayson said in an awful British accent along with a bow as soon as he saw me approaching the table.

"Servant," I said in an equally awful accent giving him a stiff nd and taking my seat between Xavier and Cecelia.

Xavier's arm immediately snaked around my shoulders as soon as I sat down. "I miss you," he mumbled nuzzling his face against my neck.

"Someone's a little clingy," I joked. I mean it's not like I was any better, we basically spent all of Sunday and Saturday once I left talking on the phone and texting.

"Get used to it," Xavier said pulling me onto his lab and moving his arms around my waist.

"Some girl called me, luna, this morning," I told no one in particular. "I know that you said this might happen but it was still weird."

"I felt the exact same way when Grayson and I found out that we were mates. It was like everyone forgot my name and could only call me 'Beta Female'," Ivy said rolling her eyes at the memory.

"How did you get them to stop?" I wondered.

"You don't," Grayson cut in. "It's a form of respect. But if you yell at them enough like ivy did they'll call you by your title then your name."

"Or they could just call me by my name," I muttered. I knew that I was going to have to get used to the idea of werewolf costumes, but I mean, come on! Why can't they just call me Addison for crying out loud?

"Come over after school," Xavier changed the subject.

"I promised my mom that we would have dinner together and finish unpacking the last few boxes."

"I can come help," Xavier said like it was the best idea ever.

"No!" I yelled out. "I mean, um, I'm not ready for you two to meet yet. Maybe in the werewolf world, you guys meet parents right away, but in the human one it's a big deal."

"We're not stupid Addie," Cecelia snorted from beside me. "Well, maybe Xavier is a little."

"Hey!" Xavier shouted from underneath me. "I am not. I just want to spend time with Addison and if that means meeting her mom then I'm cool with that."

"I'm not."

"Why?"

"What would I even introduce you as?" I asked him. "I mean my werewolf soulmate?" I asked him confused but I saw everyone leaned in a little closer as I started to talk, obviously not wanting to miss this. " Like 'hey mom! this is Xavier, my werewolf soulmate who is alpha of the pack and one day I'm going to be his luna and we're going to have beautiful half-human, half werewolves babies for you to look after. Oh, and by the way cute shoes!'"

"You want to have kids with me?" Xavier asked in a flirtatious tone and I could see him wiggling his eyebrows in my head.

I could feel my cheeks start to glow red. "Is that all you took away from what I said?"

"Ohh! Dibs on being the godmother," Audrey exclaimed raising her hand.

"Please," Ivy held her hand out, rolling her eyes at Audrey. "We all know that Grayson and I will be the godparents."

"None of you get to be the godparents because I'm not having kids," I said in a firm tone, my arms crossed and my eyebrows wrinkled.

"We'll see about that, princess," Xavier whispered in my ear.

"Just tell your mom that Xavier is your boyfriend," Cecelia spoke up as the only voice of reason.

"He hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend officially," I mumbled. If Cecelia didn't have werewolf hearing I'm not sure that she would have heard me.

"But your mates?" She asked like it was obvious.

"It's different in the human world," I tried to explain but I knew that I would lose this one.

"Humans are stupid," Audrey said.

"Thanks," I gave her a fake smile.

"Let's have dinner this weekend, like a real human date," Xavier said after a beat.

"I'd love to," I said brightly. I tried to turn around in Xavier's lap, but his grip only tightened around my waist.

The bell rang before anyone could say anything else, and Xavier finally let me off of his lap. I made my way towards history with Ivy and Audrey. I averted my eyes to the floor that was now suddenly the most interesting thing I could look at when I saw Mr. Davis standing at the door welcoming each student to class.

"Miss Jacobs, Miss Brown, Miss Avery," Mr. Dvais gave us all a quick nod.

"Hi, Sir," Ivy and Audrey greeted him. But I just kept my mouth shut. I still felt off from our quick classroom talk this morning.

"Alright everybody," Mr. Davis announced once everyone was seated and the last bell rang. "Today we're going to be looking at how people in folklore used to determine who was worthy of being their friends or not. As during medieval times, tales of the supernatural were running wild and no one wanted to end up being friends with a witch or a vampire and getting killed."

Maybe that was why he told me to be careful with who I make friends with? Because the topic was already on his mind and I'm new so he's just looking out for me. Yeah, that has to be it, I tried to convince myself.

A wolf howling in the distance as I crawled into bed snapped me out of my thoughts.

It's just Xavier or one of his guards he sent to look out for you, I reminded myself. But even as I fell asleep I knew that it wasn't him when I heard another howl, this one angrier, like it wanted revenge for something.