Chapter 26 Andrew's True Colours

"Andrew, wait for my word to bring her down to the field," Mr. Davis' voice cut through the air.

What. . . ?

My head was throbbing, and when I tried to open my eyes I was met with a blinding light.

"Copy that," Andrew replied back and then I heard the bedroom door slam shut and what sounded like a lock being turned.

"Andrew?" I managed to choke out. My throat was raw and felt like two pieces of sandpaper rubbing together when I tried to speak.

"Hey," Andrew said quickly rushing to my side and talking in a soft voice. "Hey, don't move too much. You'll hurt yourself and you need to save all the energy that you have left."

I finally managed to pry my eyes all the way open and look past the blinding light. "Please," I tried to say but Andrew cut me off. He was crouched down right in front of me, he was wearing different clothes than before. Hre was dressed head to toe in all black, with what looked like a knife strapped to each of his legs.

"Drink this," he said holding up the water bottle that was on the ground up to my lips and tilting it to pour down my throat.

"Thanks," I mumbled. My throat didn't feel as raw anymore, but it still hurt a little bit when I talked.

I glanced down at my hands and feet, both of which were still tied tightly to my sides on the chair.

"You have to promise not to run," Andrew said desperately as he pulled one of the knives out from his leg holster. "Promise me, Addison."

"I promise."

Andrew carefully cut the ropes away that were binding my hands down and hen moved onto the ones tieing my feet together before finally cutting the one that was binding me to the chair. He made sure not to cut my skin, and I was grateful for that.

My skin was rubbed red and raw from where the rope was. I would for sure leave brusies that would take days, if not weeks, to fully disappear from my body.

"Why are you helping me?" I asked confused. "I already know that Mr. Davis plans to kill me in front of Xavier. So why not make me suffer anymore?"

"It's not what you think, Addison," Andrew said letting out a big sign and backing away from me. He sipped the knife back into its holster and crossed his arms over his chest. "I'm not the bad guy here."

"Well, you could have fooled me," I spat out. I still haven't moved from the chair, I was afraid that my legs would give out if I tried to walk on them. They were still sore and ached even while I sat here. I don't know how I was going to make a run for it when I couldn't even walk without most likely limping.

"Let me explain, Andrew said dropping onto the dirty mattress at the side of the bedroom.

I didn't say anything. I just nodded my head to tell him to go on and explain what could have possibly made him team up with an awful person like Mr. Davis and want to kill me. Because right now I couldn't think of any good reason myself.