Chapter 52 Stand Down

Xavier's POV

"She's not here," Grayson mind linked me.

Those three words sent me into a spiral. She's not there. Addison isn't at the Blue Moon Pack like we thought she would be.

"I can barely pick up her scent anymore," Hunter chimes in the mind-link. "I can barely pick up anyone's scent, the smell of death is strong here, Xavier."

"She has to be there!" I shouted through the link. "She has too!"

Addison was officially missing now. My mate was missing and I didn't have a single clue on where to find her, on if she was even at the pack or not. And if she was, did leave on her own account? Or was she taken? Was she going to reject me? Was this her breaking point? Was this the end?

"Son?" My dad asked me. "What's wrong? I can feel you through the pack-link, and if I can, then others in the pack will be able to also."

I couldn't hold my wolf back anymore.

I feel him pushing forward, breaking through the barrier in my mind and completely taking over. I can feel my eyes changing and my claws intending fully. We needed blood.

I could hear my dad calling my name, begging for me to tell him what was happening, to come back before I did something stupid. But all my self-control went out the window the second my mate went missing.

Pack members bowed as I passed by them, no one wanted to get on the alpha's bad side.

My dad was hot on heels as I stormed through the house, up the stairs and back into the meeting room.

My mom and Cecelia jump at the sudden noise of teh doors slamming against the wall, and undoubtingly cracking the drywall. Mr. Thomas on the other hand, he looked scared.

"Where is she?" My wolf, Ryker, demanded in his alpha tone. "Where is my mate!?"

I took a few long strides forward until my hands were wrapped around Mr. Thomas' shirt collar, my claws ripping the fabric as I moved to slam him against the wall.

"Xavier," he begged me. "What are you doing? Put me down."

"Xavier!" Cecelia shouts out. "What are you doing?"

I don't move my stare from Mr. Thomas' face, Ryker is taking a type of sick enjoyment in watching him squirm.

"I know what you did," I growl. "I know where you come from, that you hate humans, that you hate my mate for something you believe her great-grandmother did. I know it all."

"What are you talking about?" He tries to play dumb, but I smell the fear and guilt oozing out of him.

"You kidnapped my mate! And now, if you don't want a slow, agonizing death, you'll tell me exactly where she is and pray that she's safe, because if even one hair of hers is out of place. . . " I trail off letting him get the idea. "You were an elder of this pack, you were trusted! The Midnight Moon took you in when your pack was killed! When you had nowhere else to go, we became your family. You watched me grow up, he babysat my sister, you helped to train my best friends and beta and gamma of this pack -- yet you betray us."

Each word was pushing me farther over the edge, I could feel myself losing the little control I had left, my bones were starting to crack, my skin was coming in. I was about to shift and kill everyone that stood in the way of my mate.