Chapter 30 Mom Advice Is The Best Advice

Ivy and Audrey came to visit me the next day and both avoid the subject of Andrew altogether.

          Xavier didn't come back after our fright yesterday. And even if he did I didn't want to see him.

          "I thought that your mom was going to be like out of her mind sad and distraught," Ivy said changing the subject. "But she was the exact opposite. Like I'm pretty sure she was ready to strap on a bulletproof vest and beat up all those rouges herself."

          "I think that Brad was scared was scared," Audrey cut in. "He was tasked with going to get her and bring her to the packhouse safely and I'm pretty sure he's going to be taking training lessons from her now."

          That did sound like my mom. After my dad passed away she became overprotective of me. She was the one who taught me basic self-defense, and to always stand up for myself and what I believe in. I remember one time back in Arizona, not long after my dad died, I got in trouble at school for punching this boy who was making fun of me. When my mom got called to the school she was mad at them for letting the kid bully me. She gave them hell when they told her that they were going to suspend me for 3 days because of it. After my mom got down yelling at them, the kid I hit got suspension instead.

          "Yeah that sounds about right," I laughed along with them.

          I didn't want to think about Xavier right now. The fact that he didn't listen to me about Andrew really hurt, I mean I know he didn't like him, but he should believe me. I'm his mate. But right now I'm not even sure if that means anything anymore.

          Before this whole mess, we were going to have a huge ceremony where he marked me and introduced me as his mate and Luna of the pack. But right now, I'm not sure if I can go through with it. I just feel like everything is happening so fast. I moved here and then found out that werewolves were real and that I was mated to one.

          Maybe I just needed to take a step back.

          Right now I was currently sitting on my hospital bed, waiting for my mom to come over and sign my discharge papers.

          The girls had brought be a change of clothes. That just so happened to be a pair of leggings and one of Xavier's hoodies. Even though I was mad at him right now and didn't even want to see him, I wasn't going to say no to wearing his clothes. They just felt so comfy and oversized. But I wasn't going to give me the satisfaction of knowing that.

          "Where's my baby girl?" My mom's voice ripped me out of my thoughts as she walked into the hospital room with her arms outstretched for a hug.

          "Mom," I smiled brightly at her rushing from the bed and practically throwing my arms around her and squeezing her back. "I missed you."

          "I missed you too, baby," she mumbled into my hair as she hugged me tighter.

          "I'm so sorry," I whispered into her shoulder as I buried my face into her sweater. "I'm so sorry that this all happened, and that-"

          "Addison," she pulled back from me and brushed the hair out of my eyes. "I'm not mad at you. Not at all. All I care about is that you're safe and that you came back home in one piece. Of course, I was scared when Brad came bursting through our front door asking if you were home, but once I talked to Xavier I knew that he would do whether it took to get you back home. Everything else is irrelevant right now."