Philosophical Debate

Feelings are so complicated. Most of the time you don't know what to do with them, you try to ignore it, you try to bury them deep inside, or you just pretend they were never there in the first place.

There are different types of feelings, sadness, anger, happiness and many others; But the most dangerous of them all, the one you really need to be careful about is the one that acts like a parasite. It shows up when you least expect, and it causes so much trouble. You can't control it no matter how much you try. Love. Yes, love. Ironic, right?

One must wonder how something so wonderful can be so dangerous... Well, I know exactly why it is dangerous. It's dangerous because it feels amazing when you have it, but it feels like you're dead when you don't, and I unfortunately know that feeling very well.

''Miss Luthor?'' Jess, Lena's assistant said from the door taking her out of her thoughts. ''Miss Danvers is here to see you.''

''Thanks Jess, send her in.'' Lena said while still looking through the window.

The view of the city so beautiful this up high, with the rain pouring outside making it even more.

''Hey Lena, hungry?'' asked Kara, coming in holding a bag of Chinese take out from their favorite Chinese restaurant.

'' Yeah '' Lena got up from behind her desk and made her way to the couch where Kara was now sitting, taking all the food from the bag and putting it on the coffee table.

You see, this little lunch dates are so common now. If not at Nonnas, here in Lena's office. Something so simple but yet so special that just became part of their routine.

''So, are you coming to game night tonight? You didn't go last week, we really missed you there.'' Kara said while stuffing a lot of pot stickers in here mouth.

''Yes, I'll be there.''

There was silence after that, Lena not really paying attention to anything around her while eating her food. Trying her best to not let her mind wonder again. Another philosophical debate is not really something she was looking forward to.

''Are you ok, Lena? You look a little distracted.'' Kara asked while looking at Lena with her head tilted to the side frowning.

'' I'm '' saved by the phone ringing, Lena stood up. ''I should get that.'' She went to her desk to see who was calling her, but deep down she already knew. She so wished she was wrong, unfortunately she was not.

'' Hey '' She said while looking outside. "Yes, I know.'' She glanced back at Kara and then back outside again. '' No '' Lena keep her eyes on the rain, just noticing how it hit the big window and the sound it makes.

''OK... yeah ok bye.'' Lena ended the call, but her gaze was still outside.

''Hey Lena, everything ok?'' Kara asked, putting her food down and looking at Lena's back.

'' Yeah '' Lena put her phone back on the desk and made her way back to the couch. ''Kara, I'm sorry. I just remembered there's something I have to do.''

''oh... yeah sure.'' Kara sounded a little disappointed that their lunch would have to be cut short. ''I have an article I need to finish anyway, so it's ok.'' She said while collecting her things and the food. ''I'll see you tonight, right?'' She asked, heading to the door with Lena accompanying her.

''yeah, I'll be there.''

''Ok, bye Lee'' ''Bye Kara''