I can't

Everything was going so well. Why? Why did this have to happen now? Damn it!

''Alex, where is she?'' Lena asked worried as she's entering the DEO.

''She's in the med bay. She's under the sun lamps.'' Alex said, making her way to Lena.

''What the hell happened?'' Lena questioned as Alex pulled her in the direction of the med bay.

''One of Superman's old rival. Somehow he got hold of Kryptonite. We caught him, but not before he stabbed her with it.'' Alex explained.

They stopped outside the room where Kara laid. Alex could see the worry in Lena's eyes. For a few weeks now she noticed that both her sister and Lena started to develop feelings for each other. She was really happy for them, they deserved to be happy, but god were they oblivious.

Alex reached for Lena's arm and squeezed, trying to reassure her everything would be fine.''Hey, she's gonna be fine, ok?! She's already getting stronger.''

Lena glanced at her for only a second, before looking back at Kara through the window.

''You can go in if you want.'' Alex said.

With a final nod, Lena entered the room. Kara was alone and she looked to be sleeping.

''You're an idiot, you know that? You could've died.'' Lena said angrily.

She took Kara's hand in hers, ran her fingers softly through Kara's blonde hair and said, ''You need to be more careful.''

'' Sorry '' Kara said, opening her eyes and pouting. God that pout should be illegal. Damn those puppy eyes.

Lena chuckled and shook her head at her friend's -and woman she was madly in love with- stupidity. ''You should be.'''

''I'm better now. No need to worry.'' Kara gave her lazy smile.

''That's easy to say.'' Lena said sarcastically.

''I'm ok Lee. Promise.'' Kara smiled.

''Yeah, now. But what if they hadn't gotten there in time.'' Lena pushed.

''But they did.'' Kara said quietly.

''But what if they hadn't?'' Lena's voice was louder and angrier this time, she let go of Kara's hand and took a step back.

''Lee-'' Kara tried, but Lena stopped her.

''No Kara. You don't understand. I can't-'' Lena's voice broke, and she turned around to hide her watery eyes.

''What Lee? You can't what?'' Kara sat up on the bed, and asked softly.

''I can't... '' Lena began but stopped, she swallowed hard. Damn it! Why do feelings need to be so difficult?, Lena thought.

Kara was lost. She didn't know what was happening, but she did know she hated -with every fiber of her being- seeing Lena like this.''Lee?''

There are tears streaming down Lena's cheeks, and she wipes them angrily, but they don't stop. ''It doesn't matter. I'm just glad you're ok.''

Kara seeing that Lena is about to leave, gets up from the bed and stops her. ''No. You're not leaving. No more secrets, remember?''

Damn it! ''Kara please! Just let me go.'' Lena begged.

''Not until you tell me.'' Kara pushed. She is in front of Lena, looking at her, trying to understand what was happening.

''I CAN'T, OK? I CAN'T LOSE YOU.'' Lena screamed.