Damn Feelings

Kara was frozen in place, shocked by Lena's outburst. They stayed like that for what felt like hours, but actually only a few seconds had passed when Kara finally brook the silence by asking, ''What?''

Lena looked away and closed her eyes, which caused even more tears to escape. Her voice trembled when she repeated quietly, ''I can't lose you.''

Kara reached up, turning Lena's face, so she could look her in the eyes. ''You won't.'' Kara said with determination.

Lena interjects, not even holding back tears anymore. ''You can't promise me that.''

Kara cupped Lena's cheeks and wiped her tears. ''No I can't. But I can promise to do my best.'' Kara said seriously.

Two hands pulled Lena into a tight hug, and she buried her face in Kara's neck. Despite the sniffles, Lena asked, ''Promise?''

''I promise.'' When Kara said that, her breath sent a shiver through Lena's spine. Kara's smell and warmth, so close to Lena, caused goosebumps all over her body.

Lena pulled away a little, so she could see those beautiful ocean eyes. She could get lost in them. She does get lost in them, more times she would like to admit. She's so madly in love with Kara, that being this close to her makes it hard to breathe. Reaching up, she runs the tip of her fingers through Kara's brow, nose, cheeks and jaw. She stops mapping Kara's face when she touches her bottom lip.

Kara didn't know what that strong emotion was before, but she can read it now. She can read it like the light of day. And damn, she's sure that the same emotion is being reflected in her eyes.

'' Kara ''

Kara looked up at that, she didn't even notice she was staring at Lena's lips. Rao! She wanna taste them so badly.

Kara buried her fingers in black hair, and pulled Lena close by her neck. She just needs something, anything. Just a small confirmation that Lena wants this too. That Kara is not the only one who is stupidly in love with her best friend.

So much love. Lena can see so much love in Kara's eyes, and this up close is too much to handle. '' Kiss me '' Lena breathes, barely audible.

Kara doesn't hesitate anymore, she doesn't wait for Lena to ask a second time. She does what she has wanted for a really long time now.

She can taste the salt from Lena's tears, mixed with the sweetness of Lena's lips. It's intoxicating. Her senses are going into overdrive. It's the first time, and Kara already knows she's addicted to Lena's lips. This right here, Lena's lips, is her favorite thing in the whole world now.

The kiss was not slow, not at all. It was like fire, full of passion. It was messy and desperate, but it was perfect... It was like water in the middle of the desert. It was everything they ever wanted. And they only broke away when breathing became a necessity.

They touched their foreheads together and breathed. With eyes still closed, Kara intertwined their fingers and brought it to her lips pressing a kiss to the back of Lena's hand.

''Lena... You're my yellow sun.'' Kara said with so much love in her voice. The only thing Lena could do was kiss her. This second kiss was soft, slow, and so full of warmth... It was like coming home.

They stayed there, in each other embrace, just feeling. Feeling the happiness, the joy, the contentment, the love.

I can't believe, me Lena Luthor, am about to say this, but ok, here we go: Yes, feelings are complicated, they cause trouble and hurt, they show up when you least expect or least want. YES, They are dangerous, but what is life without a little bit of danger?

I'm not saying that I like feelings now, God no. But, I may not quite hate them anymore... What can I say? That stupid puppy of a superhero made me fall in love with her. Damn feelings!

Oh but wait! I can see a plus side though... We Luthors can bring a Super to their knees after all.