Game Night

Mess. That's how the house was at the moment, a complete mess!

Kara running from one side to the other trying to organize everything for game night, which was in less than an hour. Having arrived late at home because Snapper wanted the article before the end of the day. So when there was a knock on the door, she was very happy.

''Hey, I'm so glad you're here.'' She said to her sister Alex when she opened the door.

''Hey Kar, I brought beer. '' Alex said, hugging Kara and then going straight to the fridge.

Closing the door, Kara went back to organizing her apartment. ''Alex, can you please order some pizza?''

''Sure, no problem... so who's coming tonight?'' she asked while Kara put away some things.

''oh uh... Winn, James, Sam, Ruby, and Lena.''

''Cool ''

Another knock on the door was unexpected. Kara went to answer it while Alex placed the order.

''Hey Lena, you're early.'' Kara smiled and hugged Lena.

''Yeah, I finished work early and thought maybe you'd need some help. Which you obviously don't.'' Lena rexplained, looking around the living room. ''I brought wine.'' She held up a bag full of wine.

'' Nice '' Alex came and got the bag from Lena and went to put it on the fridge. ''Hi Lena.''

'' Hi '' Lena went to sit on the couch with Kara following to organize the games.

''How're things at LCorp?'' Kara asked as a way to start conversation.

''Good. You know normal.''

''We're glad you could come tonight. We missed you last week.'' Alex said, coming to sit beside Lena on the couch.

''Yeah. Work kept me busy.''

''How is everything else?'' Alex asked.

''Ok.... How are you guys?'' Lena asked, hoping they would change the conversation to something else.

'' I'm good.'' Alex replied while drinking a beer.

'' Terrible '' Kara whined from where she was sitting on the floor. ''Snapper was mean again.'' she gave them a sad face.

Alex and Lena chuckled at that. ''Did you get to finish your article?'' Lena asked her.

''Yeah, I did.'' She said smiling ''When are you coming to Catco? You haven't been there all week.''

''Oh...yeah well... I've been busy. Maybe next week.''

'' Oh ok '' Kara gave her a nod but with a small frown. ''You really should come, we all like it when you're there... Maybe that'll help with James' mood.'' She said, rolling her eyes.

''Why? What's wrong with his mood?'' Alex asked worried about her friend.

''I don't know, he's been moody all week. One moment his fine and the other his irritated.''

When Kara mentioned James, Lena's face changed only for a second, but long enough for Kara to notice. She looked upset, angry even.

And then there was a knock on the door.

''I'll get it.'' Kara said, jumping from the floor and going to open the door.

''Hey Winn. Hey James.''