Show Down 2

Lifting a hand to stop what James was going to say next. Kara asked ''Wait, is this about Edge?''

.........

'' Yes '' Lena mumbled, pinching the bridge of her nose.

''James, she did go to his office, but she didn't do it.'' Kara said.

''Wait what?'' Alex asks, trying to follow the conversation.

Meanwhile, Winn and Sam looked at each other and then back at everyone else, feeling very uncomfortable as if they're intruding in a private conversation.

''You knew?'' James asked Kara, surprised.

''Yes, she told me.'' Kara shrugged and looked at Lena.

''And you're ok with that?'' James questioned, trying to wrap his head around the fact that Kara knew.

''She didn't do anything wrong, James. She was angry and went to his office, but she didn't do it.'' Kara replied calmly.

Lena laughed bitterly, ''You know... I'm well aware people like to judge me just because of my name. They don't care about who I am, all they see is a Luthor.'' Taking a deep breath, she continues, ''Yes, I went there to kill him. Yes, he outsmarted me. But I didn't do it. I could have, but I didn't. Because instead of what most people think, I'm not like my brother. I'm not a murder.'' Lena's voice broke, and she turned away, blinking back the stubborn tears that decided to appear in her eyes.

''We know that, Lena.'' Kara said softy.

''Edge is a horrible man. I don't support killing someone, but I do understand Lena's reaction. It's not our place to judge her for reacting like she did. What really matters is that she didn't do it.'' Alex said calmly. '' and we know that you're not like your brother Lena'' Alex looked at Lena with a sad smile.

''Yes, you're right. I'm sorry Lena. I shouldn't have reacted like that or said the things I did.'' James apologized, feeling remorse for the harsh way he reacted.

''No, you shouldn't. '' Lena mumbles before getting her purse and making her way to the door.

''Lena wait! You don't have to go.'' Kara didn't want to let Lena leave, looking so sad and vulnerable.

''It's fine, Kara. I just... I'll talk to you tomorrow.'' And with that, she's gone.

''I'll go too. I'll make sure she gets home alright.'' Sam says, collecting her purse and coat before heading to the door.

''Thanks Sam.'' Said Kara, giving her a sad smile.

''I uhm, I'm gonna head out too. I'll see you guys tomorrow''. Winn hugs Kara and glance back just before closing the door.

''I should-'' James started, only to be interrupted by Kara.

''You know James, you really fork up just now.'' Kara turned around, glaring at him with anger in her eyes.

''Kara.'' Alex sighed heavily.

''You know how much it takes for Lena to trust someone, to open up to them and when she decides to do that to you, you do this!!?'' Kara said, clearly irritated.

''Kara-'' He starts, but she doesn't let him finish.

''No James. No.'' She shakes her head ''Lena is a good person, she deserves someone who is gonna listen to her and try to understand her side, not someone who'll judge her... if she doesn't want to speak to you, just... leave her alone.'' She sighs heavily.

James doesn't say a word, only looks between Kara and Alex before giving a nod and leaving the apartment.

''Well, that was fun.'' Alex said sarcastically, shaking her head.

'' Yeah '' Kara mumbled.