Dusk - what happened next

Part 14:
* She wakes up in hospital and has a disagreement with tony, who doesn't want to let her out again in case the implant gets destroyed. She finds out the serum used on her father only took longer to take effect and the explosion caused him to lose his memory. Peter then arrives in her room and tony leaves. The two of them have an argument, Peter wants to take care of her and Ellie wants independence. Peter then leaves in a huff

Excerpt from Part 14

Everything is hazy. My head is pounding. My whole body feels heavy. My eyelids slowly start to open fully and I try to glance around. Back in the medical wing. Great.
I try to sit up but a figure comes towards me saying "woah woah, don't get up, you need to stay down". Once my vision clears I see it's Stark. I don't resist, but that doesn't mean I won't argue. "What happened?" I mutter.
"He got away, with a sample. We're trying to track him down. You blacked out and we took you in. Nothing major, just bruising around the ribs and your head will probably be a bit spinny for a day or two".
I sigh. "How did you know where I was ?".
"The news headline. Press are having a field day thanks to the whole situation".
I roll my eyes, but don't say anything, because if I do, he won't like it.
"Ellie, I know you want to go after him but-" he begins but I cut him off.
"Yes. Yes I do. That man is my father. I don't know how he's alive or why he is acting this way, but I thought he was dead, and you, Tony Stark cannot say anything to me to convince me not to go" I say angrily, tears welling in my eyes. I still haven't processed it. He really is alive, but he looked at me as if I was scum. My own father doesn't know who I am anymore, and I don't know him. I look down at the blanket that's covering me, and start crying but very quietly. After a few seconds I look up at him once more.
"How.......how is he alive Stark? How?" I whisper, silently pleading him for information.
He takes a breath before talking.
"A lot happened that day in the lab a month ago. The serum in his body took longer to start affecting the bloodstream, so that's why he was out like a light. Then when the explosion happened, instead of dying, he somehow, someway survived but lost his memory. That serum, mixed with the damage from the explosion, it's almost brain washed him. He's a different person now".
"No he isn't. I can get him back. I could.....I could hit him on the head....I could do......well something!" I protest, tears still streaming down my face.
"Ellie you know I cant allow that. You're too vulnerable. He's too dangerous". I shake my head in disbelief at him. I am so done with this.
"You say that time and time again. You repeat yourself over and over. WHY can't you come up with anything else?! I'm NOT a child. I'm not your daughter, and don't think you're any sort of father figure or mentor to me, because my ACTUAL dad is out there in pain and can't even help himself and you won't let me save him!" I yell with all the power I have. He stands still not muttering a word. Just the same blank expression.
"You don't own me" I continue, even though my throat stings and my ribs hurt. "I don't need protecting, ESPECIALLY from you. Am I some sort of redemption for you?! You think that if you protect me that's some sort of penance for all the people you've helped kill?! My MOTHER being one?!" I lash out.
He still doesn't say anything, but I can tell that hurt.
What am I doing?! We've gone over this. It wasn't his fault. None of this is.
I take a deep breath and sigh.
"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that".
He says without looking up "I know, kid. It's okay".
"It's just....you have no idea how hard this is for me. You don't. He CAN be saved. He can.....and keeping me locked up isn't going to help anyone" I reply quietly.
He finally looks up at me.
"Well it will help save your life, and that alone will help my conscience" he says, a tone of finality in his voice.
"But I-" I start to argue again but Peter walks in, eyes wide switching between the two of us. He can probably sense what happened.
"I'll leave you two alone" Stark says before he sighs and walks out of the room briskly. Peter stares at the ground until he leaves.
Once the door shuts, Peter inhales and exhales loudly before making his way to my bed. He sits by me, but still stares at the ground.
"You could have died" he mutters, but loudly enough for me to hear.
I can either argue or make a joke, and i'm too exhausted to shout anymore.
"I'm always here to haunt you Peter. Remember, I'm your Shadow" I laugh lightly but he still doesn't show a change on his face.
I take a deep breath before speaking again. I take his hand and squeeze it.
"I'm sorry I lied, but you don't understand-" I start but he interrupts me.
"No! YOU don't understand. When I got the phone call saying you were taken in again I...... I didn't know what to think. I thought that the stuff was happening again and I was so........terrified. Then I find out you went out on purpose to fight this guy, knowing your condition, and you told me......" he trails off before looking at me in the eyes. He looks devastated.
"Peter..." I try to think of the words to say.
"YOU told me you weren't going to. You lied" he says with a bit more anger, but still quiet.
I don't know what to feel, guilt or anger.

(this part wasn't completed but this is what i had)
_______________________

Part 15
* Ellie spends a few days locked away in her
room. Vision visits her to let her know he's seeing Wanda and made a deal with Stark. She wishes them well. then she gets another vision but this time it's in Dusks mind and he's working on duplicating the sample he managed to steal. She decides that maybe with enough force, she can get his memory back.

Part 16
* She sneaks out and goes on the hunt for him. She finds him and she tries to talk to him. A bunch of soldiers he's already programmed start to attack her and she fights. He continues to finish the final test. She eventually defeats all of them in the room and tries to talk to him again. He starts fighting her and they're equally matched. He eventually has a gun to her head but she tries to talk to him one last time. He uses abilities to strangle her whole body. she starts to go unconscious

Part 17
* then Peter and tony arrive and Dusk lets go. He gets soldiers to fight them and keep them distracted and she starts to fight Dusk once more, talking to him still. She eventually gets the better of him and uses her shadow abilities to show him her memories. He eventually comes to, but is confused. He's panicking and takes a gun out and aims at her, saying she's tricking him. Peter tries to attack him but she's begging him to stop. He flips the gun between her and himself to make everyone stay where they are. Tony goes to launch a hand grenade at the mini lab and it explodes. Ellie's vision is blurry and she can see Peter beating up Dusk while swat team come in and capture him. She goes to stop them but tony grabs her and she pushes him off. He yells for Peter and he helps tony. She's being dragged and she's crying and she realizes this is the vision she had at the beginning with her being dragged and fire surrounding her. She passes out.

Part 18
* Again wakes up in hospital, and refuses to speak to tony. Tony tells her that her father was sent to prison. there's an emotional exchange between the two.

Part 19
* Once she's back in her room and better she gets word that Rogers broke him out to get TChalla to help him with his mind. She goes to leave to be with Rogers Sam and Natasha but Peter comes to see her. They have a massive argument and don't split up, but Ellie wants him to leave her alone for a while and that it will take a while for her to look at him the same way. She packs up and heads out. Leaving a note for tony, short.

Part 20
* She walks down to the park and through the city. She gets to a dark alleyway and once again gets surrounded by punks. She easily beats them but doesn't see one behind her that's going to stab her. But suddenly a portal appears and the punk disappears. She turns around to see a stranger. He tells her that he's been watching her for a while. She makes snide remarks. He says that it isn't the wisest idea to run with Rogers and go against the law. She says she has no option. She tells the weird druggie to leave her alone but then loads of shields appear around her and her bag gets swiped off her. She's flabbergasted. She asks who he is. He says she requires a lot of training. She again asks who he is. He introduces himself as Doctor Stephen Strange. She looks at him peculiarly and asks what the thing is around his neck. He says all in good time, but first she needs to come with him.

Then it's the end.

_______________________
Author's note:
Hi everyone !! i hope y'all are okay :)) i hope that you enjoy whatever this is and i will be posting summaries for the next two books very soon !!
• that's all for now i hope everyone has a good day 😌