Part 6

"I don't understand" I say.

"I wouldn't expect you to" he says, not moving a muscle. His voice sounds distorted.

"I know. I can't have anyone knowing my identity can I?" he comments, which confuses me even more.

"Are you reading my mind?" I say, my lips start to tremble and I try so hard to make them stop.

"How else would I have known you were here?".

"Why are you doing this? Why come after me?" I barely whisper. He's in my head and he's making me panic.

"All I want you to do, is stay out of my way. Your very existence disgusts me and is getting in the way of my plan. You've been warned" he says in a monotone.

My hands start trembling along with my lips.
"What are you doing to me? It's like I........back in the library I had no control. I was stronger.......angrier....." I say.

He takes two steps forward but I stand my ground. "We're both of the same kind. I'm just stronger. So I have the ability to force you into your Blackout form. Your powers, destructive, your mind, blank, your strength, unparalleled. You are almost indestructible in this form, and could even take out The Hulk if you wanted. You can even fly, once you obtain that ability, but you........you're different. There's something about you that's.....interesting".

Okay, now I'm getting tired of this grand explanation, and my breath is coming back.

"Okay, when you finish preaching, can we skip to the part when you announce your big plan, and I cut you off in the middle of it cos villains take too long, kick your ass, and you go to The Raft?" I say, rolling my eyes.

He laughs, which makes me internally groan.
"Your young mind can't comprehend the smallest things" he says, before blasting me, sending me into the wall.

I get up and black mist starts swirling around my fingers. I blast him but he dodges. I keep doing so but he flies over my head and kicks me in the back.

"You would have made a great addition. You're just mislead by that lowlife" he says quietly.
I get up and brush myself off. "I may not have my suit or weapons, I can still beat you" I say, out of breath.

"Oh I bet, you just-" Dusk begins before a familiar face swoops from behind and floors him.

"You bad guys really do talk too much!" Peter exclaims. He quickly turns to me and grabs my hand.

"Ellie are you okay?!" He panics, before Dusk blasts him.

I sigh as Peter and Dusk start fighting. With all my strength I blast Dusk to send him flying down the alleyway. He turns invisible so I quickly look all around me to find his shadow, but I'm too late as he appears straight in front of me and places his gloved hand on my forehead.

Suddenly, pain is searing through my body, my head starts spinning and the dream is occurring again. For a brief moment I can look in his mind and he can obviously look at mine, but what's odd is that his is empty of memories that happen before a month ago, like he was wiped or maybe something different.

Abruptly, he quickly removes his hand and I sink to the floor, my head banging on the concrete ground. My eyelids become impossible to keep open and before they close, I see Dusk and Peter fight it out before my eyes finally close.

(A few hours later)

I wake up slowly in a medical room. But it's familiar. I hear a heart monitor beeping and a conversation happening outside the room. My vision becomes clearer and I realize I'm back in Avengers tower.