Part 5

"You know, sometimes I wonder if Hulk would ever wear clothes. How would that work?" Ned says quizzically.

"Well Leeds, that is a very odd thought" I say, giving him a weird look.

"What's also an odd thought is your obsession with calling people by their last names. What's up with that Florez?" Peter says, raising his eyebrows.

I sink into my chair. I finally get off house (more like mansion/tower/prison) arrest and the first place they take me to is a library to finish a shitty school project. I feel so lucky to have such a caring boyfriend and a loving sidekick.

"What's an odd thought Parker, is you taking me to a library to watch you guys do homework as a celebration of me finally being allowed in out into the outside world. Really makes my heart flutter. How romantic and thoughtful of you!" I exclaim, blowing him a kiss from across the table.

He throws his pen down and scowls at me. "I'm sorry I can't put off school for you, really, but it's something I have to do. And would you rather be at home or with us?" Peter asks.

"Hm, let me think about that for second. It's a tough choice!" I exclaim. The next thing I hear is a loud "SSSHHHHH" from the librarian, who gives me a dirty look.

"Hag" I mutter underneath my breath.

"Charming" Ned whispers.

"Thanks, bro" I wink at him. I rest my head on the desk and close my eyes.

"Hey, are you okay?" Peter asks, placing his hand on my shoulder and squeezing it. I shiver and jolt up at the touch.

"Sorry. I haven't been sleeping well" I say shrugging, which isn't technically a lie. I'm just not telling him about the dreams, or nightmares.

It's always the same thing. Dusk in the distance, fire, smoke, blurry vision, me being dragged away and trying to escape. Every time I wake up sweating, crying and out of breath.

Tony wouldn't stop checking on me until I locked my door, there's no point of him losing sleep too. I rest my head on his shoulder, he rests his head on top of mine.

Suddenly, I get a searing pain in my head, and a bunch of voices and whispers take over my mind. I can't understand what they're saying, but they get louder and louder, the pain getting stronger and stronger. Then I can slowly make out what the voices are saying, "shadow, shadow, shadow, shadow" over and over and over.

I put my hands on my head and sink to the ground off the chair and onto my knees.

I start to struggle breathing and whimper with the pain. Out of nowhere, I feel someone grab my arm and I hear them call my name.

My reflexes cause me to grab the person's arm and swing them onto the ground. I feel overcome with rage as I grab them by the collar and get ready to blast them. The pain disappears, and all I feel is anger, hatred.

"Ellie stop it's me!" they say panicked.

I can't make out who it is because my vision is blurry, but the person I'm holding grabs my arm and squeezes it tightly, the pain causing me to let go. They're inhumanly strong. They pin me down on the ground as I struggle to fight them.

"Ellie calm down! People will see you!" The voice says again, still pinning me down on the ground.

With all my strength, I try to push them away from me, and it slowly starts to work. I can feel energy surging through me, and my muscles working like they've never worked before. Before I go to blast them again, they start to speak.

"Ellie it's Peter! What are you doing?! People will see you!" the voice says.

My heavily breathing slows down as my vision quickly comes back to me.

My hand is pushing down on his chest to keep him pinned down while the other has energy swirling around my fingertips.

I stop breathing for a second and gaze around me. Ned is staring at me in shock, while other people begin to approach me.

I quickly make the energy disappear before anyone else sees. I quickly scramble away from Peter, horrified at what I'd just done.

I'm still on the ground as I back away from him, he crouches to move closer to me. He tries to grab my hand but I push him away.

"Don't.........don't touch me....." I barely whisper, but with his senses, he hears me.

Before he can reply, I jump onto my feet and sprint as fast as I can out of there, tears streaming down my face.

Peter POV

"What the hell was that?! Her hands were......they......they were.....Peter explain!" Ned says, his flabbergasted expression not leaving his face.

What do I do?! He knows now so what do I tell him?! Oh Ned by the way, Ellie has these powers that can make her do crazy shit, and she's Shadow too!(?)

"I......I'll......let me go after her and I'll text you later okay?!" I say frantically gathering my stuff.

"Excuse me?! THAT happens and the best thing you can do is text me?! You're gonna have to give me a lot more than that!" Ned says, he looks hurt.

"Okay just......let me talk to Ellie first and then I'll explain everything. Face to face. I promise" I say, before rushing out of the door not giving him the chance to argue.

I run into an alleyway and quickly change before webbing off on the hunt to find her. God, I hope she's okay. I've never seen anything like that, and it scares me what might happen next.

Ellie POV

I don't even watch where I'm going, I just keep running and running. I stop in an alleyway that's deserted and lean against the wall and cry.

What did I just do? It's like.......like I had no control and I didn't know what I was doing or who I was doing it to. Also I was strong, way stronger than I am, stronger than Peter who has super strength. My emotions were just any synonym for fury. It's all I felt. What happened to me?

Suddenly I hear footsteps behind me. Shit. Not this crap again.

Two thugs stand in front of me. I turn my head and there's another one behind me.

"Guys, I have no money or nothing on me" I say raising my hands and shaking me jacket to show my pockets are empty.

Still they don't back down.

Without thinking, I kick the one behind me and hit him in the head so he falls down unconscious, a move I learned from Stark.

Then out of nowhere, the other two start hitting me, but not randomly, with actual skill. There's no way they learned that. I dodge them quickly and I try to hold off using my powers, but I can't hold in my temper.

With one movement, I level the both of them and they lie unconscious on the ground. I sigh with relief and smirk a little. "Shadow is back, assholes" I say to myself.

"Interesting. I never thought you left".

I jump and turn around with the dark energy flowing through my fingertips. Once I see whose in front of me, my heart starts pounding frantically.

"I.........I......you.......how di......" I stutter, struggling to get the words out.

"I know. You're shocked. I would be to" he says.

This isn't real. It can't be. My head is probably still messed up.

I blink a few times and shake my head.
The fact he's here is making me nervous, but I do my best to not show it.

"Dusk" is the only word I can manage to release.

"In the flesh".

I close my eyes tight and pray that the next few minutes of whatever chaos that's gonna happen will pass by quickly.

Dusk // Peter Parker (Book 2)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें