Part 7

You know when people keep smothering you over and over, thinking they know what you need when they actually have no clue? This has been my life for the past week.

"Ellie do you need this?" "Ellie do you want that?" More like "Ellie do you want me to be a FREAKING PEST and ask you if you need shit EVERY 10 SECONDS?!"

I have come at breaking point. Just because I'm dying doesn't mean you get to treat me like a 4 year old. This just makes me feel worse.
I've resulted to staying in my bedroom, depressed, listening to sad 70s music, which consists mainly of Elton John.

This whole thing is just shit. There's no other way to say it. Tony is doing everything he can to slow the spread of the chemical. He's not sleeping. I mean, neither am I, but he of all people deserves to get rest.

Rhodes pops in every now and then, same with Vision, but all they have is pity.

My symptoms are slowly but surely getting worse. I'm getting paler and thinner, and my muscles are weaker.

Peter is worried sick. He keeps putting off school and work for me and I can't handle the pressure.

I wish I could talk to someone and just be normal Ellie Florez, not Shadow or a person with a disease.

Hang on, that gives me an idea. I get out my phone and go onto my contacts. I scroll and then I find their email so I can just iMessage them. After a bit of thought I send them a text that reads:

"Hey. Haven't spoken in a while. What's up with you?".

I get a reply almost immediately.

"Um hi. You've risen from the dead. I'm surprised. Nothing 'up' with me. Just a lot of reading".

I text them back again.

"I'm in search for a bit of reality. Mind giving me some? Just any random news to make me feel included".

"Well, slavery is still a thing. Women still don't get equal pay. Oh, and then there's the thing with terrorism".

Hm. Classic Michelle Jones.

"Sounds ecstatic. So how are you in the midst of all this chaos?".

"Well angry and disgusted, but in terms of my life personally, I'm okay. You know, I'm sorry about, well, everything that happened. It sucks".

The corner of my mouth turns up slightly.

"Thanks Michelle. I guess, I just kinda needed someone to talk to other than Peter. He's going nuts".

"Yeah, he's the same at school. Showing up late, the 'Stark Internship' thing he's got going on. He's always talking about you. He misses you being around him all the time, even though he probably sees you every day, you staying with Tony Stark and all".

"I don't doubt it. Has anyone else found out? About me staying in New York?".

"No, don't worry. I've kept it quiet, and I've got Ned on a leash".

"Good, let's hope it stays that way. I don't need Flash giving me anymore grief"

"He's such an idiot. Oh well. Some people are beyond help".

Suddenly, a thought comes to my mind, so  I quickly text back again.

"Too right. Also, would you mind doing me a favor?"

"Depends. Lay it on me".

"Just, keep an eye on Peter for me. Look out for him and make sure he doesn't do anything stupid. I feel guilty, with all this going on, and if anything happens to me, no matter what it is, he'll freak out. Just, make sure he's okay, but don't make it obvious, cos he'll know I said something".