Part 4

"Please?".

"No".

"Pretty please?".

"No".

"I will never sneak into the lab without permission ever again?".

"I said no, for the third time".

"I will stop blasting music too loud?".

"I'm getting bored Ellie. No".

I groan loudly and smack my forehead.

"I will stop paying Vision to phase through the walls and scare you?".

"Funnily enough, my answer hasn't changed".

"If the word 'unbelievable' needed a human example, I would give them your number" I huff.

"Fine by me. I'll make a few off of it" Tony says, not lifting his eyes off his phone.

"You know, for someone who broke all the rules and is known for doing what he wants, you're quite mediocre" I say angrily, but calmly.

"When you work on better insults, we'll continue this conversation" Tony says, still not giving a shit.

"You and Steve are more similar than you realize. You're both unbelievably arrogant and stubborn!" I exclaim.

"Do you really think I'm going to let you go off gallivanting around New York chasing bad guys?" Tony says standing up to face me, pissed off with my comment.

"Well, isn't that what Peter does?" I ask.
Tony rolls his eyes and sighs.

I take a deep breath before continuing.

"Why do you let me train, have my suit, make adjustments, but not use it for real? Do you not see how stupid this situation is?" I explain.

Tony steps closer to me. "You saw what happened to you. You saw what happened to your dad. Now a guy who comes crashing around looking for the very serum that gave you your powers, and you want to get closer to him?! Do you not see how stupid THAT situation is?" he says, silencing me straight away.

I think for a moment. It's pointless trying to get straight into going out on missions. I should try taking it slow and see what I can get first.

"Well, can I not at least go out to see my friends? It's been a whole month! And since I'm not at school, I never see them. Please can you just give me a chance at having a slightly normal life? It's not like I want to do drugs, rob people or run away for a week!" I say, crossing my fingers behind my back.

"Well, that last one......." Tony says, tilting his head.

"Ugh, I'm being serious. Can I not just go for pizza with Ned and Peter? Is that so much to ask?" I plead.

He pauses for a moment and thinks carefully about his response.

"Fine. Go out and be a youngster. Just no kicking ass in retaliation. I have seen your school file" he says, the corner of his mouth turning upwards slightly.

"Oh my God! That was one time! Or twice. Three? No it was twice! Wait was it? Okay maybe three times. But that's it! And two of the three times it was a school bully!" I reply, defending myself.

"Or what about the time you ditched school twice and left detention?" Tony smirks.

"I ditched school once. And the detention was unfairly given anyway" I shrug, smiling a little.

"Well, I suppose I should give you this" Tony says, taking something out of his pocket and throwing it at me.

I catch it and peer at it. It's a tiny device but I have no idea what it's for.

"What is this? A shitty earpiece so you can stalk my every move?" I say sarcastically, raising my eyebrows.

"Don't be ridiculous. Push the lever on the side" he says, pointing at the device.

I shake my head with confusion as I push the lever slowly and cautiously.

I hear something start whirring. It's electronic. I look at Tony. "An explanation please?".

He walks towards me, takes it off me and holds it in front of me.

"It's a taser. 10,000 volts, enough to put someone in a two day coma. And when used, sends a signal to the nearest police station. You know, if there's any thugs, or I don't know, rapists" he says so casually while my mouth is wide open in shock.

"What?!........I......this........this is uh......this is amazing! But it's tiny! What if I lose it?!" I laugh nervously, still in shock.

Tony turns the taser off and presses a tiny button. It mechanically transforms into a bracelet.

"Just you know, if something happens, just kick the guy, or girl, and press your wrist on their neck. Knocks them right out" he says handing it back to me.

I stare at him. "You're loving this moment of internal praise I'm giving you right now aren't you?" I say.

He shrugs again and flicks his wrist. "Totally. It's moments of admiration like this that get me out of bed every day" he says.

I roll my eyes at his subtle narcissism. "Thanks Tin-Man. Maybe you do indeed have a heart! This is a metaphor!" I exclaim.

He immediately walks away to go downstairs to the lab but before he does, he pauses. "You know I actually don't hate you? Shocker, I know, but just needed to give your little brain a kickstart in trying to comprehend the possibility that I might actually like to see you not die young" he says, I can sense he's internally smiling but won't show it.

"I know Tin-Man. Thanks. I don't hate you either" I smirk.

He goes downstairs while shouting "it's titanium alloy!".

I shake my head and sigh. I don't really like lying to him, but at least I am no longer on house arrest. This is the chance I need to go after Dusk. And if it's behind Stark's back, well then so be it.

(Meanwhile)

Normal POV

She smiles as she walks into her room and closes the door behind her. The pest.

There are only two labs left, and out of the last 6 she has taken down 4 before he got to them. Well that's going to change.

He puts his mask down again as he turns himself invisible. He jumps off the rooftop of the building and lands on the one next to it.
He keeps running and jumping, until he reaches it. The place where he wanted to go.

Her old apartment.

He jumps through the window and the place is still ransacked from a month ago. The landlords must really not give a shit. Some of her belongings are still here. A few boxes.

He investigates each room looking for any object that will help. In one of the boxes there are a few picture frames.

There's a few with what must be her family, so he just gives them a glance before throwing them carelessly across the room like rubbish.
He finally gets the one that he's been looking for.

The boy. It's got him and her, and this other guy too, must be a friend, but that doesn't matter. He has all he needs.

They've had their sunlight for long enough, but Dusk is approaching fast, and there is nothing they can do to stop it.