Part 13

"So why can't you come over today?".

"Peter I told you, I'm not feeling great, all this training has made me just really tired and I want a night to unwind".

This is one of the few times when I wish I didn't have a boyfriend who wanted to see me every single goddamn day. I'm grateful, but there are lives at stake here man, leave me be.

"But can't I come and, I don't know, hang out and unwind too? We just haven't seen each other in a while" Peter whines into the phone. A puppy. Literally a puppy. I feel bad lying to him but you gotta do what you gotta do.

"If this is any consolation, you can come over tomorrow, with Stark's permission of course. We'll hang out then okay?".

I hear him sigh, which makes my heart hurt a little.

"Okay. Also, are you sure you aren't outside? I swear I hear cars through the phone".

"Peter, no, the windows are open that's all. Stop worrying, I'm fine I promise" I say, as I dangle from a flag pole outside a tall building with traffic beeping in the distance. Love New York I do.

"Okay. I'll text you later then. Get some rest okay?" He says, his voice doing that little thing where he goes high pitched at the end of a sentence. Cute.

"I will, Spider-Clown. Bye" I say, and hang up.

I know I shouldn't lie, but if he knew where I was, he'd actually kidnap me and keep me locked in his apartment for eternity.

I finally found the last lab with the serum. Once I destroy this, it will all be over, and I can finally have some normality in my life, at least until Dusk shows up again. He better not show up now. Actually, yes he better, because I want to kick his ass and unmask that piece of shit.

I turn myself invisible and take a deep breath.
Right. No time to test my flying powers like the present. I make the energy start swirling around my fingertips and use it to push myself off the flagpole.

I'm hovering. I'M HOVERING?!

I lose concentration and start to go to the ground.

I start panicking and with luck I stop just before a harsh faceplant can occur.

Hell yes. With all my might, I push myself up again and I go soaring midair, with a lot more balance. I go to the rooftop and land quietly.

"Right Terence, what am I looking at here?".

"There are three rooms containing serum, all in the basement floor, which has eye recognition scanners for entry. Two of them are empty of human interaction, with one containing a small group of men, who happen to be packing up".

"PACKING UP?! Well let's pay them a visit" I whisper, a little too loud. "Map out all the vents leading towards the two empty rooms. "Let's take those out first".

I creep in and crawl quietly, following the map Terence has lined up for me.

The closer I get, the more clear I can hear voices. They sound rushed though. Better make this quick.

I reach the first room and jump down quietly. I place a small grenade on the storage unit full of serum, and I quickly climb back into the vent and do the same to the other room.

Once I reach the room full of people, I pause to hear their conversations.

"Can you make it go any quicker?!" One desperate sounding man says.

"It's going as fast as it can. It can't be moved any quicker. There's a lot of data" another replies.

"Well get it done! He'll be here soon, and he'll be looking for that USB" the first man says, whilst there's pacing going on in the room.