Part 11

Ellie POV

"So can you move like objects or..?" Peter asks me while fiddling with the drawstring on his hoodie.

"Not exactly. If they have a shadow I can move that so that obviously takes the object with it" I reply.

It's been 2 weeks since I've recovered. I'm feeling so much better and everyone is a lot more relaxed.

Peter sits up from lying on the edge of the bed to face me on the other side.

"And what about that memory thing?" He asks.

"Not fully working yet, but it's sometimes effective. I don't know what I'd use it for though" I say while swirling mist around my fingers.

"Well.....I have an idea...?" Peter says, smiling and raising his eyebrows. I immediately know what he's going to say.

"No. Absolutely not. No way am I risking that" I reply firmly while shaking my head.

"It could work! It would save me doing anything!" Peter pleads.

I roll my eyes and sigh. "Right Parker. BUT, if this screws up, your head is on the guillotine" I say while grabbing my phone and my jacket.

"When isn't it though?" He retorts as we walk out my bedroom door.

I quickly grab the shadow of underneath the door and slam it shit so he runs into it.
I hear a bang and a muffled "oW".

He opens the door again wincing and raising his eyebrows at me.

"Sorry, I thought you'd already be decapitated since you're on the guillotine all the time" I shrug before smirking and heading down the corridor.

"Okay that's not even funny!" He whines.

When we're walking down the street, he intertwines his hand in mine, and I realize we've never really gone on a proper date or even out at all together. It makes me sad that all this is my fault.

This wave of anxiety makes me remove my hand from his. He looks at me quizzically and asks if I'm okay. I nod and then realize we've arrived.

I hurry into the building and up the stairs instead of getting the lift because I don't want to be stuck inside one with him.

We eventually arrive at the place and Peter knocks on the door.

"You know if I mess up in some way, your shit is fried" I say firmly.

He goes to reply when the door opens to reveal a worried looking Ned Leeds.

"Jesus" is all he can say, but honestly same.

"Can we come in?" Peter asks quietly, squeezing my hand which makes me flinch.

Ned nods and allows us to walk inside and brings us to his room, which is just as geeky as Peter's; Star Wars posters, the usual.

Ned pulls the wheely chair from his desk and sits down, with Peter and I sitting on his bed. I sit perfectly still, I'm so nervous.

"So, would anyone care to explain?" Ned says impatiently, which makes me even more anxious, my mouth dries up and my chest becomes tight.

Peter looks at me waiting to start talking, so I force myself to do it.

"Which part do you want to hear?" I ask Ned.

"Um, maybe the part where you explain your eyes GLOWING and the.....STUFF coming your hands?!" He exclaims, which makes me sigh.

I take a deep breath and explain everything. From start to finish, leaving the Spider-Man stuff out since Ned doesn't know about that. The whole time he just gives me a blank expression, lost for words.