Chapter 7

That night, you and Peter decide to stay at the tower, both too tired to go back to the apartment, assuming there was quite a bit of cleaning that would need to be done after a whole week away. Instead, you decide to have a movie night. You haven't had a real one in a few weeks, too busy with Christmas, school, and now the mission.

Changing into pajamas, a long sleeve shirt and shorts, and grabbing the blankets and pillows off of Peter's bed, you make your way towards the elevator. You stop half way, and jog back a couple doors to Wanda's room, knocking quietly on the door. She opens the door a few seconds later, raising her eyebrows in question at the pile of bedding you are carrying. You give her a cheeky grin.

"Two words. Blanket. Fort," you state, trying to look as serious as possible. This was serious business after all. Wanda returns your stern looking face, holding back a smile and giving you a little salute, before closing the door. A moment later, she reopens the door, pajamas on, similar to yours and blankets in hand. You march down the hall with her behind you, and the two of you can't help but laugh when you make it to the elevator.

Making your way to the common room, you find it empty. Perfect. The two of you get to work making the best looking blanket fort ever, the floor covered in pillows. It is a much easier task with Wanda using her powers, and you are done in a matter of minutes. The two of you flop down onto the floor in a fit of giggles, taking in the view of your work. You high five as Peter rounds the kitchen, joining the two of you, snacks in hand.

"Nice work ladies," he compliments. You bow and he rolls his eyes.

The three of you settle in, a perfect view of the TV, and you open Netflix to choose a movie. You are distracted by the ding of the elevator, and hear laughter as someone rounds the hallway into the common room. You peek out of the fort to see Sam and Clint who are headed for the kitchen, looking over at your blanket fort. They notice you watching them, and you wiggle your eyebrows at them.

"What are you? Five?" Sam questions, pointing to the blanket fort. You scoff at his remark.

"I'll have you know that blanket forts can be enjoyed by those of all ages, and you sir are a party pooper," you state, faking annoyance. Clint nods in agreement, and Sam smacks his arm.

"Did you just call me a party pooper?" he asks, faking offense. Clint sneaks away from Sam and into the blanket fort, sitting down next to Wanda, with Sam rolling his eyes.

"If the shoe fits, wear it Wilson," you state matter of factly, and retreat into your fort. You smile at your new found blanket fort guest, and Clint snuggles into the pillows, getting comfortable.

Moments later, you can almost hear Sam roll his eyes before he joins the group in the fort. You just nod your head at him holding in a grin. Clint pulls out his phone, and moments later, Natasha shows up, flopping down next to you, pushing Peter out of the way. He groans, but moves, instead sitting in front of you. Wanda laughs as you grab Peter in a head lock and he quickly surrenders, lowering his head into your lap. You absentmindedly run your fingers through his hair, more comfortable with him than any other person on the planet.

You pass Natasha the remote, and she scrolls through the movies hovering over a couple to get the group's opinion. You finally land on The Breakfast Club.

You were half way through the movie when you heard the elevator ding again. Peter still had his head in your lap, but you could tell he was half asleep, you still running your fingers through his hair. He has surprisingly soft hair, it always amazes you. You had shifted slightly so you and Wanda were leaning against each other. Natasha is still sitting next to you, her legs stretched out in front of her. Clint had moved so that he was next to Natasha, but was laying on his stomach, looking up at the screen. Sam is sitting with his arms crossed next to Wanda, but you can tell despite his body language, he is enjoying the movie.