Chapter 9

You and Peter have no problem getting into the club. The bouncer recognized Nat and let you all in without a question. The first thing you notice is the damp heat radiating from the middle of the club, warm bodies dancing and pressed together. You are hit by the loud music, feeling the bass in your chest as the music plays. You scan the crowd, taking in the scene. You don't realize you have stopped following the rest of the group until you feel a cold but gentle hand on the small of your back, pushing you forward. Your instincts tell you to pull away, but a voice stops you.

"It's just me, Doll. Didn't want you to get lost in the crowd," Bucky says, but the loud music makes it sound like a whisper. You relax into his presence, letting him lead you through the crowd up to the bar where the rest of the group has congregated.

Peter hands you a drink and you give him a thankful smile. You take a small sip, relishing in the burn you feel on your tongue. It's not your first drink, but you have never been a big fan of drinking. You are aware of the presence of Bucky's hand still on your lower back, smiling to yourself.

Nat leans on the bar, sweet talking and flirting with the bartender before he hands her 3 shots with a wink. You laugh as you watch her down them all in a few seconds, without even a wince. Damn, that was hardcore, and honestly... kind of hot.

Wanda grabs your and Nat's hands, pulling you towards the dance floor, into the overwhelming heat. You immediately notice the absence of Bucky's hand on your back but push the disappointment aside, instead focusing on Wanda as she pulls you farther into the crowd.

The music is blaring, and you are surrounded by sweating bodies. Nat immediately starts to dance with no cares in the world, making a bright smile light up your face. Wanda does the same, and you let yourself get lost in the music, the beat radiating through your body.

A particularly dirty song comes on, and you notice Nat grinding and dancing with a random guy a foot away from you. Wanda is still dancing close to you, and you grab her hands, dancing along with her. You turn yourself around and try to dance dirty with her without laughing, the two of you giggling like school girls at each other.

She takes your shoulders and turns you around to face her before pushing you back slightly into another person, quickly disappearing into the crowd. Your eyes try to follow her but she has disappeared, so you focus instead on the person she shoved you into. You try to turn around to see their face, but a pair of hands on your waist stops you.

"You havin' a good time, kitten?" Sam asks, leaning down to your ear so you can hear him, his body pressed into yours from behind. A small smile grazes your face, and you lean into him slightly, resting your hands over his where they hold property on your hips. You roll your hips to the music, leaning your head back on his shoulders, really getting into the music now that you have a partner. You bring your hands up behind you to his shoulders, running them down his chest as you bend your knees, before standing back up to roll your hips again.

His hands tighten their grip on your hips as he starts to dance along with you, your arm hanging around his neck behind you. This continues for the rest of the song before he finally loosens his grip and you turn around to look him in the eye, giving him a saucy wink before stepping away and slinking into the crowd, leaving a flustered and definitely turned on, Sam Wilson standing in the middle of the dance floor.

You make your way back over to the bar, hoping to find one of your other friends, planning to go outside for some fresh air. You see Bucky at the far end of the bar, two girls hanging off him, basically drooling all over him. He seems like he is just trying to be polite and not hurt their feelings but obviously does NOT want to be there. He sees you approaching him, and gives you pleading eyes. You smile wickedly, winking at him. You change your face to an innocent smile, joining the other two girls in surrounding him.