Chapter 15

The alarm is, in fact, a false alarm, so as you make your way to the common room shortly after your conversation with FRIDAY, you are not surprised to find all the Avengers, and Loki, occupying the room. Loki stares out the window bored while the rest of the Avengers take in the footage from your encounter with the God of Mischief. You can hear that Tony is mumbling to himself about trying to regain the audio, but appears to be having no luck. You silently thank FRIDAY again for saving your ass. Thor is switching between watching his brother and the surveillance, a worried look on his face. The rest of the Avengers watch the video with varying levels of anger, worry and disdain.

Likely sensing your presence, Loki turns to look at you where you are standing in the entryway, no one else having noticed you yet. However, this time when his eyes light up green, there is no tug, rather, it feels as though someone is pushing at your brain.

You're welcome Kitten. Your eyes go wide from hearing Loki's voice in your head, and a smirk crosses his face before he returns it to his natural look of disinterest. Not really understanding how this works, you try to project thoughts in your head at the place you feel the pushing.

How are you in my head?  He looks surprised at this.

Very few have been able to communicate back to me like this. None of them Midgardian. You continue to surprise me, Kitten.

You didn't answer my question.

A demanding creature aren't you? You have yet to thank me.

Why would I thank you for picking around in my head?

For creating a diversion. I would have been just as happy to see the illusion you have here crumble down around you.

Then why didn't you?

I wish to understand your reasoning behind lying to the people you consider family.

What do you mean fam-

Do not lie to me, Kitten. I have been in your head. And the God of lying. I can see right through you.

If you were picking around in my head, then why don't you tell me?

We were interrupted before I could find out.

What's stopping you now?

Nothing, but I like to watch you squirm.

You're a prick.

Many would agree. Why do you hide?

Why do you feel the need to be in my business?

Answer the question Kitten.

Get out of my head.

Would you rather I ask out loud? I am sure that there would be many others fascinated with the answer as well.

I don't like you.

Awww the Kitten thinks she has claws.

I wish I could claw your eyes out.

Got some attitude as well. Answer the question Kitten.

As you are about to answer him, you realize that there is someone standing in front of you. You feel one cold and one warm hand cupping your cheeks, and queue into loud noises all around the room but can't distinguish where each is coming from. You try to focus on one thing at a time. You blink a few times, clearing the haze that seems to have taken over your eyes while communicating with Loki. You follow the hands cupping your face to their owner and see Bucky's grey-blue eyes staring back at you, his mouth moving, but his voice blending into the general loudness around you. You can't distinguish what he is saying, but he looks worried. You try to focus, but you can still feel Loki's presence in your head.