Chapter 23

You wake up the next morning surrounded by warmth, and smile to yourself, burrowing into Bucky's chest, causing him to tighten his hold on you, muttering into your hair as he wakes up.

"What was that?" You ask, lifting your head to get a look at his face.

"I said, good morning, and go back to sleep," he groans, flipping the two of you so you are under him, resting his weight on top of you and pulling the blankets over the two of you. You giggle underneath him, but wrap your arms around his middle. He finally opens his eyes, kissing the end of your nose.

"There he is," you joke, laughing harder when he rolls his eyes and drops his full weight on you, causing you to groan. It's his turn to laugh as he eases off. He watches you with a sappy look in his eyes, making you blush and try to hide your face in your hands. He grabs your hands with his metal one, holding them above your head on the bed.

"That's hot," you can't help but admit, causing him to smirk. You roll your eyes, grinding up into him, both of you still naked from the night before, making him groan. This time you smirk. He kisses you softly on the lips before rolling off of you, curling up around you as the big spoon, resting his head on top of yours, his chin hooked over your shoulder. You reach up to scratch at his stubble, making him hum.

"How are you feeling?" He asks quietly, giving you a soft squeeze in reassurance.

"Warm, well fucked, and very cozy." He rolls his eyes and lets out a huff of laughter, making you grin.

"Not what I meant, but I'm glad I did a good job. Let me rephrase. Are you in the mood to leave this apartment today, or are we hiding from the world for a little while longer?" You pull his arms tighter around you, closing your eyes and turning your face into the pillow. I don't deserve this man, you think to yourself. "Hiding from the world it is," he says, humming quietly until you fall back asleep.

The two of you spend the next three days holed up in his apartment making no contact with the outside world other than you texting Peter the first day to let him know you were safe and asking him to call in sick for you to Bruce. He trusts you of course, agreeing to tell Bruce, only asking that you call him if anything goes wrong. You love that boy with your whole heart.

You spend most of the time swapping stories and just being together, comforting each other and snuggling in bed. You talk about some of Bucky's memories from the 40s, and tell Bucky about your mom. The two of you mourn the things you have lost, but celebrate what you have found in each other. You spend some time flipping through Bucky's book shelves, asking him to pick out his favourites for you, and you tell him about your favourites, some of which he order's for himself to read.

On the morning of the fourth day, you wake up the same way you have the last 4 days, wrapped up in Bucky's arms. You turn to face him, and see his face is still relaxed in sleep. You spend a minute just taking in his beauty, tracing his jawline with your finger, down his neck to his collarbone, and down his chest. You feel, more than hear, him chuckle, bringing your eyes back up to meet his.

"I will never get sick of waking up like this," he whispers, kissing your forehead. You grin up at him, happiness filling your eyes. "There she is," he hums. "How are we feeling?" You just keep smiling at him, and he raises his eyebrows at you. "That good huh?" You nod, and he rolls off the bed, dragging you down on top of him. You yelp in surprise, the two of you laughing. "Well then, let's get the day going!"

The two of you get ready to leave the apartment, needing to run back to your apartment to get a clean pair of clothes. You and Bucky catch a bus to get over there, and he sits on your bed, watching as you scurry around your room getting ready, Peter having already left for the day. You catch his eye and give him a questioning look.