Chapter 24:

Shortly after the three of you return to the lab, the elevator opens again. The three of you look up to see Bucky strut into the lab, a huge smile on his face. Bruce immediately goes back to work, and you give him a little wave before returning to reading the file in front of you. Although you are reading the file, you are watching him from the corner of your eye. Bucky continues into the lab, heading towards Tony's station. Tony raises an eyebrow at him. Bucky comes to a stop in front of his work bench. Tony continues to look at him expectantly, until Bucky speaks.

"Something feels off with my arm." You look up worried but Tony just nods, turning around to grab a kit from a shelf behind him, leading Bucky over to a chair close to the couch. It appears they have done this before because each man goes through their own routine, with Tony opening the kit and pulling out specific tools and placing them accordingly on the table next to the chair, while Bucky takes his long sleeve shirt off and starts pressing specific areas to open panels to the inside.

You watch mesmerized, and Bucky catches your eye with a wink. You blush and turn back to your file, but move yourself slightly so that you can see what they are doing over the top of the files you are reading.

Tony starts prodding at specific parts of Bucky's arm, asking questions as he does, but you eventually start to tune them out, returning to your reading. A half hour later, you have finished reading the file and sigh in happiness to yourself, leaning your head back and rubbing your eyes after all that reading. You stretch on the couch and tune back into the noise happening around you, hearing Tony and Bucky talking to each other while Tony is now prodding a different part of Bucky's arm.

"You're free to have your own life."

"You're telling me you didn't worry at all that I was gone without a trace?"

"Bucky. I will never tell her to her face, but Shuri has surpassed me ages ago, and she is half my age. I know that she removed the triggers from your head, so when you go missing, I assume you are trying to get away from Capsicle breathing down your neck." Bucky laughs in agreement. "That or to get freaky, which is also none of my business." Bucky raises his eyebrows at Tony. Tony gives him an unimpressed look and rolls his eyes.

"You think about me getting it on often Stark? I might have to let Pepper know."

"Remember that I am poking around in your arm right now, will you? And no. I actually try to actively avoid thinking about the sex lives of anyone else in the building. However, I am aware that with how overbearing your personal bodyguard is, you would have to literally disappear to do anything fun. Especially that fun." Bucky nods with a laugh.

"You surprisingly hit the nail right on the head." Tony raised his eyebrows at Bucky. Buck sent him an award winning smile and winked at him. Tony smacked him on the shoulder.

"Good for you. Three days too?"

"I believe her words were, 'Warm, well fucked, and very cozy.'"

"No wonder your arm is having trouble, too much sex." You try not to bring attention to yourself as you stand up and walk over to Bruce, your face a little red. You refuse to look at Bucky as he continues to talk to Tony, trying to tune them out. You guess that talking to your secret father about your sex life would count as pay back.

You aren't successful in getting away without notice. Instead, Bucky calls out to you.

"I hear you were gone for a while too. What were you up to?" He asks, a smirk on his face, his eyes sparkling with mischief.

"Food poisoning. Yacking my brains out. Obviously not having as much fun as you were," you state, sending him a glare, only making his smile grow.

"Didn't think food poisoning usually lasts three days," he shares.