Deaths & Scientists

a/n every time Peter says "Uncle Nick" the c in "Nick" sounds like a w and if Peter is saying something c and r sound like w. I would type it like that but I have Grammarly installed on my Chromebook and it doesn't like me "misspelling" stuff. But somehow I can get away with "Otay". Also, the reason that Fitz was in the departure area because he was fixing weapons and tech. I thought I would mention that.

It had been several weeks since Peter's parents departed on their mission and they were starting to worry Peter. They were only supposed to be gone for 3 weeks, not 5. He was at school when his Uncle Phil came to pick him up. "Hey, buddy we have to go back to the base." "Why?" Peter asked. "Some people are trying to hurt you but to do that they hurt your parents." "Are they alright?" Peter said while sobs escaped his throat. "No Peter they aren't that's why you need to come back to the base." Peter only responded with a low hum.

They arrived at the base and Peter was still sobbing despite not knowing what happened to his parents. They were met by Agent Hill. "Hey, Buddy how was school?" she asked. "What happened to my parents?" "I'm sorry Buddy but they won't be coming home. They died in a plane crash," she responded. "No, they can't be dead!" Peter said while crying harder. "I'm sorry Buddy," his Aunt Maria said.

Peter ran to his room. He was too busy crying to notice how fast. He was running faster than Captain America ever could. While he didn't notice it other people did. He kept running as fast as he could. He made it to his room, ran inside, and locked the door not wanting to be around anyone. He sat against the door sobbing.

After 5 minutes he heard a faint, "Peter can I come in?" from outside his door. "Who is it?" he asked still sobbing. "It's Uncle Nick." "I guess." Peter opened the door shaking. His uncle walked in. "Hey Buddy, how are you doing?" Peter started crying again but this time he buried his face into Fury's chest. Fury picked him up and moved the boy's head into the crook of his neck so that he could sit on the bed without hurting the small boy. He then heard a muffled sentence from his nephew. "I miss them, Uncle Nick." "I do too Buddy." 

Peter eventually fell asleep so Fury moved him into a more comfortable position on his bed. Fury never smiled but he did when he saw the small child calmly sleeping in the large bed that occupied the room. Seconds later the boy started burying himself into the extremely soft comforter. At the sight Fury decided to stay with Peter for the rest of the day without interruptions. Fury cleared his schedule without a second thought.

3 hours later Peter woke up in his bed. He then noticed his uncle sleeping on the couch adjacent to him. He let out a small chuckle wishing he could've taken a picture to show his Aunt Maria and Uncle Phil. After he finished his thought his uncle started to stir. "Uncle Nick?" he asked. "Hey, Buddy how are you feeling?" Fury said while walking over to Peter's bed expecting him to start crying again. He was right Peter started sobbing. "Hey it's okay Buddy I know you're sad," Fury said while climbing into Peter's bed and pulling him into a hug. 

After a still silence, Peter looked up and asked if he could see his Aunt and Uncle. "Sure Buddy. Do you want them to come to you or you go to them?" Fury asked while still holding the sobbing boy. "I wanna go to them," Peter responded "Okay let's go then," Fury said while pulling out his phone so that he could ask his right-hand man and woman to join him and Peter. He decided for them to meet outside the S.T.E.M. wing of the base. He had a surprise for Peter. 

The pair came out of Peter's bedroom and walked towards the S.T.E.M. wing. "Where are we going, Uncle Nick?" Peter asked. Fury answered with, "You'll see," and a smirk. "Otay." After their short exchange Fury picked Peter up and placed the small boy on his back instructing him to hold on. He did this while receiving stares from his fellow agents who were probably wondering their emotionless director was showing affection to a 5-year-old. Noticing this, Fury dawned his, "Say anything of this and you will die and no one will ever find your body." Everyone seemed to get the message rather quickly.