Learning Languages & Spider-Like Tendencies

An hour later they arrived at the base and walked inside. Next thing they knew they were approached by Fury. "Where have you two been?" he asked. "We got ice cream Uncle Nick!" He sent a death glare at Natasha who didn't even falter. "Ok, bud how about you go to your room while I talk to Natasha. Ok?" "Otay Uncle Fury! Bye Uncle Fury! Bye, мама паук!" Peter said while running out of the room. "Bye ребенок паук," she said chuckling. Fury stared at her in shock.

"How did he know to say that in Russian?" Fury asked. "When I picked him up he asked if I could train him to become a super spy like me but when I said no he got really sad but then I told him that for now, I could start teaching him a few languages and tricks until he got older he perked up so we started with Russian after I called him my baby spider in Russian," she said without taking a single breath.

He had a look of surprise on his face before he replaced it with his, "don't mess with me or I will kill you" face. "Well, then Romanoff since you don't have a mission for the next few weeks I wanted to ask if you would watch over Peter and pick him up for school? It shouldn't be that hard seeing as you already have created a bond," he said nonchalantly. "Of course not Fury. Where is his room?" she asked. "Room 3 in the guest quarters by my office. Also, I have been getting updates about his powers from two of our scientists that he spent the day with and I wanted to forward them to you so you could help him with his powers." "Sure anything for my ребенок паук," she said while heading in the direction Peter went.

Natasha knocked on the door and Peter opened it. While on the ceiling. She was not prepared for that. "мама паук!" Peter yelled while launching himself at her. "Hey, my ребенок паук do you want to learn some more Russian?" she asked. "да!" he said excitedly. (yes in Russian) "Okay Peter," she said smiling. The Red Room may have taken away her chance to have a child but they could never get rid of her maternal tendencies. All it took was a spider-child to make those tendencies flourish.

After 3 hours Peter had learned the basics of Russian and a few sentences. "Привет, Мама Паук. Мне было интересно, не хочешь ли ты посмотреть «Звездные войны»?" she heard Peter ask. "Конечно ребенок паук!" Next thing you know they were laying in Peter's bed and watching Star Wars when he fell asleep on her lap while she was playing with his hair. She paused the movie once she noticed. After a few minutes, she heard and felt a vibration that sounded like, purring? She smiled when she realized it was coming from her ребенок паук. She found her phone and took a video. (First thing say, "Hey Mama Spider, can we watch star wars?" and then she said, "of course")

Fifteen minutes later she got a text from Fury. The text was the results of the tests on Peter's powers. The first thing she found was information on his senses, metabolism, and speed. After reading, she noticed a line of text stating that he will obtain spider-like tendencies such as wanting to be up high or in a corner, being upside down, and purring. There was a paragraph that went further into detail about the purring. 

"Some species of spider tend to purr or admit vibrations when they are in a peaceful state or trying to attract a mate. Such spiders like the wolf spider do this." 'That explained a lot' Natasha thought. She then went to the last paragraph that had a hypothesis on the mutations that he would gain by the age of 18.

Some of the mutations were super strength, organic webbing, fangs, venom, being able to communicate with other spiders, and a precognitive ability. She decided to look up the precognition seeing as she had no idea what it was. Foreknowledge of an event, especially foreknowledge of a paranormal kind. "Okay so like being able to sense danger. That will come in handy," she mumbled.

There were a few things at the bottom of the text that stated his weaknesses and anatomy. Apparently, peppermint, eucalyptus, and tee-tree oils can make him go feral or knock him out if strong enough because they are natural spider repellents. There was also a small section explaining sensory overloads and his lack of the ability to thermoregulate and what would happen if an overload occurred or he got too cold. They both sounded painful. She also read that as he gets older he will lose most of his bone mass due to the fact that spiders don't have bones and it should make him super flexible and agile. He also should have faster brain function.

An hour passes by and her purring ребенок паук started to stir. "?"Мама Паук "Yes, ребенок паук?" "Did you pause the movie?" "I did ребенок паук. Do you want me to turn it back on?" "Yes please!" He lied back down which lead Natasha to play with his chestnut curls. She noticed that he started purring again. She didn't remember him stopping. She was pulled out of her thoughts when Peter sat up with a worried look on his face. "What's that sound?" he asked. "It's you, buddy," she said giving a small chuckle. "Otay," he said laying back down.

An hour later Peter stopped purring but it was replaced with his stomach growling. "You hungry ребенок паук?" she asked. "да Мама Паук," he responded. She smiled at his use of Russian so she continued in the language. "Что бы ты хотел съесть?" she asked. "Макароны с сыром," he answered. "Хорошо, пойдем в кафетерий." ("What would you like to eat?" "Macaroni and cheese" "Okay let's walk down to the cafeteria") also 1000 wordmark

10 minutes later they arrived at the cafeteria. Natasha was carrying Peter while conversing in Russian. This confused and shocked a few people but they let it go. Once they got their food they sat down at a table in the corner. Peter started eating his Mac&Cheese while Natasha ate a Russian dish called Pirozhki. 

After a few minutes, Peter asked if he could go get more food

After a few minutes, Peter asked if he could go get more food. With a simple nod, he ran to the buffet and got lasagna. Peter always loved Italian food. It may or may not have to do with him being Italian and his parents immigrating to America before they got married.

He sat back down at their table and started eating. Once he was done he noticed that Natasha wasn't at the table and he started panicking. He calmed down though when she came walking up to their table. She sat down with an extra plate of the Russian dish and started eating. Once she was halfway through her plate she offered a pastry to Peter. "Вы хотите попробовать это?" she asked. "Конечно" he responded. She gave him a pastry and watched his face light up as he tasted it. "Так что я думаю, они тебе нравятся тогда." she said with a smirk. He only nodded. A few minutes later they walked out of the cafeteria again conversing in Russian. (do you want to try it, sure, I guess you like it then)

While they were walking back Peter asked Natasha if they had a jungle gym somewhere. She just smirked and put Peter on her back and telling him to hold on. She started speedwalking to one of the many training rooms. In that specific gym, there was a gymnastics and parkour set. Peter flipped off of her back and ran to the parkour course.

Natasha ran to put up a safety net. Peter started by jumping and flipping from platform to platform. He then vaulted to one of the high bars and did a couple of flips landing in a superhero-style crouch. He then went onto the balance beam and did flips, back handsprings, and round-offs. He then jumped to the ceiling seeing as there were bars hanging from them and started traveling from one bar to another in very complex movements. He then found a perch-like platform in one of the corners of the training room. He sat down panting. He then saw Natasha with her phone out filming. She stopped the video and quickly sent it to Fury. She had a beaming smile on her face. She was proud of her ребенок паук.

"ребенок паук ты можешь спуститься сейчас?" she asked. "приходящий Мама Паук!" he said while climbing down the wall. "Тебе было весело ребенок паук?" she asked. He gave her a nod. They were walking to his room when she noticed his eyes drooping. So she picked him up and carried him. Little did she know Peter fell asleep immediately after she picked him up. (can you come down, coming, did you have fun)

Now they were at his room and Natasha opened the door and put Peter down on his bed and tucking him in. "Спокойной ночи мой ребенок паук," she whispered as she closed his door. She could've sworn she heard a "Спокойной ночи Мама Паук." She smiled for the millionth time that day.