Chapter 22

We reached my society. "You can stop," I told Naval but he parked the car inside the society. "Thank you so much." I thanked both of them and moved out of the car.

I was walking when I heard Navya's voice she was coming towards me with my bag in her hand. How can I forget that? "Your bag." She gives it to me. "Thank you." I smiled.

I saw Dhruv coming towards us. Ohh shit. "Thank you so much Navya. I.." I said. "Hey, Navya," Dhruv said and then he looked at me. "Annie." He said his voice was hard. "Hello, Dhruv." Navya wished him back with her best smile.

He smiled back. "Dhruv," Naval said. "Ohh hey Men," Dhruv said and they did their boy handshake. "Why are you with them?" Dhruv asked. "We were at Hideout cafe and saw Ananya there. She was alone and tense. Navya told she want to help. We decided to drop her." Naval explains not wanting me to explain. Navya grinned. 

"Ohhh, Thank you," Dhruv mumbled. "No problem. Let's go Navya. We are getting late." Naval turned to Dhruv. "See you at school." He finally said to Dhruv and leave. I watch them pulling their car from society. I don't want to face Dhruv. I know him he will ask stupid questions like where is Daksh? If I know where is that idiot why will I have to come with Navya and her Brother.

"They are gone. What are you waiting for now?" He mockingly said. "Hmm." I hummed in response and start moving fast not making eye contact with him.

"Annie. I swear." He yelled. But I moved into the building towards the elevator. I press the button and thank God for the elevator immediately opened. I quickly went inside and press the ten number button and then the close button but Dhruv was fast. Why I even doubt that? He quickly stopped the door from getting close by sticking his hand in between the door. He quickly gets inside and then presses the close button and the door get closed.

I closed my eyes. Why? "What? Did you think you will easily leave without answering my fucking questions?" Dhruv yelled. I flinched. "I thought you were going to park for a workout." I lied. I know he already worked out. He was wearing his workout cloth, shorts and t-shirt and he was sweaty.

"Really." He said coming close to me. I immediately put my hand on his chest but put it down more quickly. "Ewww Dhruv you are sweaty. Stay back." I scrunched my nose. His eyes got widen and then starting laughing.

"Even then you thought I was going to Workout." He said raising his eyebrows. I swallowed. He raised one eyebrow. "Ohh I.." I don't know what I say. "Now tell me why were you alone? And where you went and with whom?" He started asking questions as I expected from him.

"I was at a cafe with Abhimanyu," I told him the truth. I don't want to lie and what he can do? "You said what?" He said. His jaw clenched and his eyes gone wider and I can tell by his eyes that he is angry.

He took a deep breath I think to control his anger. "Why?" He whispered. I take a step forward to touch his arm but he yanked it away. "Why?" He repeats but this time he yelled. I flinched.

"You have no right to behave like this. He asked me for a treat. So we decided to meet. That all." I yelled back. Telling the truth not fully but it is true and it didn't feel like a date. We were just talking.

I like Dhruv but I can't tolerate this behaviour. "Ohh." He hummed. "Yess, trust me. That is all. He is a good friend and an amazing dance partner." I explained to him. He blinked.

"Okay, if that so. But why he didn't drop you?" He asked. Thank God finally He understands. "He wants to but Daksh told me he will pick me up and I waited for half an hour for him," I told him. "Ohh, why didn't you call me then?" He asked. "I know you. You would have scolded me," I pouted. He smirked.