2

The four of us were still sitting around the table in the diner and we were eating our meals. Or the other ones were eating, I had finished my food in seconds which made Sarah shake her head and Ashton to look at me amused.

"What? I didn't get to eat breakfast before we left" I said and looked at my girlfriend.

"And whose fault is that?" she said back while eating some salad with pasta and a lot of vegetables I had never seen in my life.

"Well, to my offense it's summer break and if I wasn't here right now I'd still be sleeping" I shot back, feeling that my morning grumpiness came a little later today.

"Luke, take care of the day, it's summer and it's on daytime you should live" Kelly said and laughed lightly. "Exactly" Sarah put in and I started to feel annoyed how girls always would stick together even if their opinions were totally wrong.

"Nah, I don't know. I like the night time. It's not too hot and it's dark which is much more exciting and, like, it's a more creative time" Ashton then said. I looked up to look at him eat his food like he hadn't said anything. As he lifted his eyes they locked with mine and he swallowed his food. "Right, Luke?"

I nodded and smiled, feeling that my annoyance slipped away for a bit because at least I had someone on my side. "Exactly" I repeated my girlfriend's words. She gave me a look but kept eating her food.

Before it started to get too quiet, Ashton broke the silence; "So how long have you dated?" I could tell the topic was forced, but i didn't blame him. This is what you should be talking about on these double dates, right? It's just that guys don't care, girls love these kind of topics. Or at least I think they do because when the question was asked, Kelly smiled big at us and Sarah looked content as she started answering the question.

"We've known each other for one and a half month?" she said and turned to me, I just nodded but I had no idea, it'd not like I set the time after I met her the first time. I knew she knew the answer though because it looked like she was happy I nodded at her right answer. She continued; "We met through friends and after knowing each other for a while we started dating, which was three weeks ago now"

Three weeks? Wow it feels like a lifetime ago, but I bet three weeks is right.

"Three weeks? Brand new then" Ashton said and looked at Sarah who was smiling and nodding, then over to me who just gave him a crooked smiled. He looked at me amused like he knew how I felt. He chuckled to himself, which I think was directed to me and how I looked totally lost in this conversation.

"How about you then?" Sarah mentions you've been dating for years" I dragged out the word years to tell them it was a hell of a long time.

"Three years this year, we met when I was sixteen and he was seventeen" Kelly answered. Oh yeah, Kelly is one year older than me and Sarah.

We've been together three weeks and you three years. We have a lot of work to do to get on their lever Luke" Sarah said and she and Kelly laughed.

Three years with Sarah? I don't know.. We don't really want the same thing. I don't know what I want but Sarah won't put out the things I do want in this relationship. I had thoughts about breaking up with her but I'm not that heartless, especially not when her and my mother suddenly started to become best friends.

I must have blanked out because I was dragged out of my thoughts when Sarah kissed me on my cheek. I turned to look at her confused. "Are you done with food and everything? We thought we should head out" she said quietly but I could hear her clearly as she was so close so my face still.

I nodded and stood up from my chair. I reached down my pocket to get my wallet. I looked up and saw Ashton do the same. "Hey wait, who won the jinx about dinner?" I said and grinned lightly as he looked up at me. He smirked back.