14

Fast update, yw lolz  

-       -       -

I struggled to drag my bag down the stairs as I had my phone held in one hand and an apple held in the other. I tried to text Ashton back, but it was a struggle as I couldn't see where I was going and my bag jammed into my leg each step I took down the stairs. I heard steps from behind me and sighed in relief for some help.

"Excuse me, you're kind of taking up the whole stairway here" Jack huffed as he tried to get passed me. He bumped my arm and my apple fell out of my hand, bouncing down the stairs and leaving marks. I sighed and glared at him while he just shrugged and ran past me.

"Oh yeah, thanks for the help" I huffed before getting back to struggling down the stairs, now a bit easier without the apple in my hand though.

"Who threw a half eaten apple on the floor?" I heard mom say from the hallway and I rolled my eyes. I finally came down to the last step, clumsily stumbled a bit before finding my balance again and put down my bag.

"It was Jack" I told mom as she picked up the apple.

"Jack, that was very unnecessary. I'm not your maid, I will not go around and clean after you boys" mom said in an irritated voice and Jack came into the hallway from the living room with a confused face.

"What did I do?" he furrowed his eyebrows at mom. She placed my half eaten, smashed apple in Jack's hand and he grimaced.

"Go throw it away" she said simply.

"No ew, this is not mine" he said and looked up to glare at me.

"I don't care, go throw it away now" she told him before turning to me with a smile. Jack gave me a subtle middle finger before walking into the kitchen.

"Is it time to leave?" she asked with a smile on her face.

"Yeah, Ashton is on his way here right now"

"Ashton is such a sweet boy. To think he gave Ben a job and brings you and the boys to Hamilton is just amazing. Such a nice friend" he gushed, making me nod and smile awkwardly.

"Yeah, such a nice friend" Jack said as he walked out of the kitchen again, smirking towards me. I gave him a glare again, but my mother didn't seem to notice anything.

"You know, I actually work there and I didn't even get invited" Ben said as he came down the stairs.

"You haven't even started yet, you start in three weeks" I told him as I started pulling on my vans.

"Yeah well, still" Ben huffed. I shook my head at him but had no time to talk as the door knocked and opened. Calum was standing in the doorway with a big smile. The door opened further to reveal Ashton behind him, he also smiling.

"Hello boys" my mom greeted and my brothers greeted them all with smiles and nods.

"Why are you here, Cal?" I asked in confusion. Calum's house is the closest to the city, so every time we are going somewhere we start from my house, drive to pick up Michael and then Calum.

"He texted me saying he wanted me to pick him up first so he could have shotgun" Ashton chuckled. I rolled my eyes at Calum's smiley face before standing up and grabbing my stuff.

"Okay, so bye" I said simply and turned around.

"Luke," mom said in a stern tone and I turned around with a sigh and walked over to her, giving her a hug. I did the same with my brothers before finally being able to leave the house.