1

I walk down the hall. My boots hitting the floor. Turning the corner, i continue to walk down the hallway. Office doors on either sides of the walls, im only interested in going to the one all the way down the hallway. As i arrive, "Hey Adelia, you've got to wait he's with Roman right now." Easton says to stop me from entering. "Alright, sounds problematic in there right now what's going on?" "Dont know, just know theres been a lot of yelling for the past thirty minutes." Easton, he's okay. Energetic and talkative. One of the few people i trust. Ive known him since i was four. We're not close friends, but if i needed something or vise versa, we'd be there for each other.

Roman walks out the office and scoffs at the view of me. I walk inside and see Alvatoria sitting at his desk. "Darling, hello there. Please have a seat." "You wanted to see me, im assuming you have something you need me to do." "Yes i do in fact. I need you to get me a file. In New York. Friday, theres going to be a private party, i need you to go in undercover and get me the file." "Okay, sounds easy." I say. "Yes sounds easy but you're going to be working with a team. Ive paired you with Romans team." "What? Why would i need their help?" "Word on the street is that they're going to be heavily secured, see its a fundraising opportunity so they're going to be guarded all around the entrances and exits. I dont want you slipping up, getting caught." "Out of everyone, why Romans team?" "Because Reyna and Lucia is on the team." "But i thought those with powers weren't allowed to be on teams? They were supposed to be solo, just like i am." "We're changing things up." "Well then what does the file have thats so important?" "Thats nothing to worry about right now. What is important is that you guys bring in the file. Do you hear me?" "Yes sir." "Come here darling." I walk on over to him and he kisses my forehead. "Room seven on floor three tomorrow, you're leaving tomorrow afternoon so i expect to see you at seven. You are dismissed."

I walk out. Walking up to my Quarter, i go inside my room. Sitting on the table Sadie looks over some paperwork. "Hey pumpkin, how are you?" I say walking behind her and kissing the top of her head. "Im doing good, just working, what did he have to talk to you about?" She turns around in her seat to face me. "A mission. For Friday night." "Well look at that, sounds fun hmm?" She says turning back around to write something. "Yea but ive got to work with Romans team." "Mmm doesnt seem amusing then." I go into the kitchen to get water. "Do you want pasta tonight?" "You'd cook tonight? Wow what senses did he knock into you!" She says giggling as she finishes writing. "Haha, very funny." I say as she comes up to me. I put my arms around her neck and she puts them around my waist. "Why dont you come with me?" I question before giving her a peck on the lips. "To New York? No way, he would never let me go. He doesnt even like me why would i want to do anything that he didnt request me to do?" "Well i could convince him. You just walk in with me tomorrow and he cant say no, its very important. We could use an extra hand anyways." I explain as i caress her arm. "Okay, but if i get in trouble you're to blame." "Ill take the blame for you any day pumpkin." I say bringing my hands up to her chin and bringing her in for a kiss.

After a few hours had passed and we ate dinner, me and Sadie sit on my bed and watch a movie. We give each other small talk in between the movie. "Sadie, can i be honest?" "What is it?" She questions not looking up from the tv. "Something feels off about this mission. I dont know what but something does." "You say that every time you get assigned on something. You're just overlooking it. Everything is going to be fine." She intertwines her fingers with mine. "I know i always say that, but this time could be different. It just feels weird." I say. "Maybe you're tired. Why dont we go to sleep huh? Get some rest its getting late anyways." She says turning off the tv. "Ten o clock isnt late."  I say shuffling around. "Early bird gets the worm." She replies then turns off the lamp. "Goodnight pumpkin." I say kissing her before she lays on my chest.