1

a/n:  in this story sapnap is 20 and y/n is 19.  also it doesn't matter what year this takes place in but I'm kinda thinking recent/b4 covid maybe idk. also dream George and sapnap all live together in Florida

Jan 1st, New years.

We were all hanging out: me, Dream, Sapnap, George, and Niki and Jack even flew out for a meetup to celebrate the new year. Dream and I have been friends since preschool, and ever since he started the Dream SMP he has introduced me to all his new friends, we took to each other fairly quickly, and I would even consider Niki my best friend. We were all a good friends and there was never any drama. Right now we were playing Never-Have-I-Ever. The ball had already dropped and it was around 1am.

"Never have I ever lost my swim bottoms at a public pool" George said. Gingerly, I put a finger down and looked around to see who else put a finger down. Jack did.

"No way y/n!" Dream said "I did not expect that from you, you HAVE to tell us"

"Yeah y/n, please tell us, I'm genuinely curious" Niki said

"Fine I'll tell you, but only if Jack tells as well." I respond.

"Ok, I'll tell, but only because I want to hear yours." Jack says, grinning.

"Ok, here goes" I started " I was in middle school(8th grade) and my ex-best friend Sarah invited me to her 15th birthday party. Her parents had gotten her  a big inground pool a few weeks ago so she could have a pool party. It came with a small diving board and a small waterslide. I arrived early to help her decide which swimsuit to wear because she was stressing out about it all week. When she finally decided, she asked to see the swimsuit I had brought, and I showed her." I cringed at the upcoming part of the story, "She loved my swimsuit. She begged me to try it on and even asking me to let her wear it. It was her birthday and I couldn't say no, so I let her. It ended up not fitting and she gave it back to me so I could put it on. What I didn't notice was that she had ripped the elastic on the back, so when I went to jump off the diving board, they came flying off. I was so embarrassed!" I finished. I had gotten over it by now, but remembering Sarah hurt.

"Wait wait wait, when you said she ripped the back did you mean that she did it on purpose or on accident?" George asked.

"I'm not sure" I say "she has always been smaller than me, but I don't think she would have done something like that back then. We only stopped being friends Junior year."

"So did you lose lose them or just fall off?" Dream asked.

"I lost lost them. I couldn't find them and I ended up having to go home early."

"Wait so how did you get out of the pool? You didn't just get up and run across the yard did you?" Sapnap chimed in.

"No, of course I didn't. Jared ran over with a towel and helped me inside. That is how we met actually."

"Awww, that's so sweet of him!" Niki gushed

"It was, yeah" I turned to Jack with a grin," Your turn Jack."

"Fine, fine" he grumbled." mine isn't nearly as elaborate as y/n's though. So basically when I was 10 I decided I was independent and that my mum didn't need to dress me anymore. We were on vacation and when I put my trunks on I forgot to tighten them. When I jumped in, they disappeared. I however, didn't have a knight in shining armor to come save me. I had to get out, willie flopping, and run to my mums chair for a towel" he finished with a chuckle.

The whole room burst out into laughter. Your gaze was drawn to Sapnap. The way his eyes lit up when he laughed, how he threw his head back with a true belly laugh. You loved the look of pure joy on his face when he truly laughed. When he laughed, your heart ached. You wish you could make him laugh like that.

I know I can never do anything about my feelings. I am almost certain he doesn't reciprocate them and I don't want to make things in the group awkward, or make Dream choose between the two of us if it comes down to it. For now I had to be happy with being friends, and admire him from afar.