5

I didn't realize he heard me say that. I wasn't ready to tell anyone. I don't want to be rude though. After debating what to say, I finally start:

"I got a job offer. Its a full time writing gig in LA. I was offered a position writing the crime section in the LA Times. Today I was scheduled to have a surprise interview sometime today because they don't want me to have tons of time to prepare. They could have called me anytime since midnight yesterday and midnight tonight. Hence why I need my phone today."

I cant believe I told someone. I've been hiding this for a month now. I don't want to hurt my friends, so I've been waiting until after the interview to tell them.

"Wo-" Sapnap started but didn't finish before he was interrupted.

"YOUR LEAVING!?" Dream yelled. Oh no. I should not have told Sapnap first. I knew I should have told them all earlier, how could I mess this up?

"Watch the pancakes please?" I asked Sapnap. He nodded he would and I ran after Dream. 

I found him in his room, lying face down on the bed. I couldn't tell if he was crying, but to be safe I shut the door tight behind me.

"Go away" he said, but his voice was muffled by the pillows.

"Dream, I'm sorry. I didn't want to hurt you, I swear. I just didn't want to tell you guys until after my interview so that you wouldn't stress about it. You all have your own lives and you don't need to stress about mine." I started, tears starting to well up at the thought of hurting my best friend "the only reason I told Sapnap-"

"No, you don't get it y/n. You are my best friend, I tell you everything first, I told you about my first crush, my first girlfriend, and I even admitted to you that I liked you know who. The fact that you told Sapnap before me really hurts. And the thought of you leaving? That hurts worse. It really sucked when I had to move to Orlando, 2 hours away form you in Junior year. I just finally got you in a good visiting distance again, and now I find out you might have to move across the country? This sucks y/n."

I guess I really don't understand. "Dream I am so sorry. I never thought about it like that. I messed up big time. Please forgive me?" the tears from earlier flowed freely down my face.

"y/n... why did you tell him first?" he said, sitting up to face me "Honestly. I need to know. Are you replacing me, did it just slip out, do you not trust me enough?" Dream whispered, looking close to tears.

"Dream honestly its because" I hesitated. no, Dream just poured his heart out to me, I need to be honest. "I told him because... I like him."

Dream looked at me for a second, eyes open wide, then he started wheezing "YOU LIKE SAPNAP!?!?!?" he yelled "OMG Y/N YOU LI-" I don't let him finish. I pounced on him, slapping my hand across his mouth.

"Dream!" I scolded "I told you because I trust you, not because I want you to laugh at me! And you don't need to announce it to the whole house!"

"I'm sorry" he said, lowering his voice and leaning closer to me " but I cant believe you like Sapnap. Sapnap of all people."

I shook my head, about to respond, when Niki walked in:
"Y/n, Dream? Sapnap asked me to let you guys know breakfast is ready."

"Ok, thank you Niki." I said, leaning away from Dream.

"Breakfast!?!?"Dream yelled. he looked at me. "Did you make pancakes?"

"Yes, and Sapnap helped." I laughed. He always loved my moms pancakes. With my confirmation, he jumped off the bed and ran into the kitchen.

"Y/n, wait a second?" Niki asked.

"Sure Niki, what is it?"

"Well you see... I over heard you and Dream talking... and I was wondering if you were telling the truth? About Sapnap?" she finished, talking quietly so none else overheard.

"Yes, I like him" I said.

"Ok. Um can we talk later? After breakfast maybe?"

"Of course Niki we can talk anytime." I'm glad Niki wasn't upset with me. I love her just as much as Dream and am so glad they don't make me pick between them.

We get to the counter and Sapnap is at the stove, cooking some bacon. He turns around to grab a plate to put it on and notices that I'm back. Once he puts the bacon on a plate he walks over and puts it next to me.
"Help yourselves everyone, pancakes that way" he points to the opposite end of the counter "fruit in the middle, and bacon over here" he finishes. I didn't know he was such a chef. All I had made was pancakes, he sliced the strawberries and cooked the bacon all on his own.

"So y/n, is everything alright between you and Dream?" he asks.

"Yeah, I think we are ok. He was hurt but we talked and I think we are ok. I think the pancakes are what mad him forgive me though." I explained.

"That's a relief." he paused. "Listen y/n, I'm sorry if I  caused that fight between you two. I assumed he already knew if you were telling me."

"Its ok Sapnap, every-"

"MOVE IT YA LOVEBIRDS, I NEED SOME BACON" Jack interrupted, shoving Sapnap out of the way to grab a handful.

"JACK MANIFOLD I SWEAR TO GOSH. FOR THE LAST TIME, I DONT LIKE Y/N. WE ARE JUST FRIENDS, NOTHING MORE" Sapnap screamed.

a/n: I really enjoyed writing this, even though it was more about y/n's friendship with dream. love yall, please vote and comment <3
also, yes dream is talking about George, in my story both of them are bisexual, closeted to everyone but their close friends, and Dream and George are not out to each other bc drama reasons. sorry I wont be expanding on that because it is a sapnap fic not a dnf fic