7

Back to your pov

I am still on the side of the road, trying to compose myself, when my phone rings. I look at the caller ID to see Dream's face pop up. I don't want to talk to him so I let it go to voicemail. Now I need to set up my music again since I turned it off in an effort to compose myself faster. Just as I hit play, my phone rings again, but this time its Niki. I know I owe her, but no doubt the boys asked her to call me, so I let it go too. Seconds after my phone stops ringing, I start to feel guilty. I told her we can talk after breakfast, and wanting to keep my word, I call her back.

She picks up at the second ring, "Y/n-" she starts, before I cut her off.

"Niki, if I am on speaker I need you to take me off" I start "I know I owe you a talk but can you please go to the other room so the boys don't hear?"

"Ok y/n, just a second" she says, sounding relieved that I called her back.

Once I hear her shut the door to another room, I start to explain. "I'm so so sorry I left so abruptly Niki. Its just that I needed to be alone for a while and it's kind of hard to do that in a house full of five other people." I know Dream would have let me stay in his room, but if I told him outright I needed to be alone he would become so worried and not leave me alone.

"Y/n, You don't have to sugar coat everything to me, I understand what its like to like someone and them not like you back." she said

"Niki I know, its just.... he screamed it... in front of everyone... and hearing him say it out loud" I paused, my voice breaking "it killed me Niki."

"Oh y/n, I'm so sorry"

"Really, I am ok. But I do want to change the subject. Why did you want to talk to me?" I asked, grateful to have such an amazing friend

"Well y/n I wanted to talk about what you told Sapnap earlier, about moving to LA, but I don't want to talk anymore, I just want to spend as much time with you as I can in these two weeks I'm here because you moving will make it harder to see you." she sniffled, "Will you please come to hang out with us today? At least for a little bit?"

"Of course Niki, give me two hours and I will be back over and ready to hang out." I said

"OH YAY THANK YOU SO MUCH Y/N!" she squealed.

"You're welcome Niki. Oh and one last thing before I go: please don't tell the boys the truth about why I left. Just tell them that I needed to go home to get fresh clothes for today?"

"Of course y/n, I'll see you in 2 hours!"

Niki hung up and my song continued playing. Then, I got back onto the road and headed home.

Sapnap pov

"Sorry guys, I really thought she would pick up." Niki said, sounding as defeated as I felt.

Just a few seconds after she said it, her phone started ringing.

"Y/n" she whispered to us when she picked up.

Y/n's voice played through the speaker:
"Niki, if I am on speaker I need you to take me off" she starts "I know I owe you a talk but can you please go to the other room so the boys don't hear?"

"Ok y/n, just a second" Niki replies, taking her off speaker.

"You can go to my room Niki, that way when Dream leaves the shower he doesn't get a shock" I say, and she hurries down the hall.

After hearing that y/n is ok, Dream and Jack go get in the shower. Dream looks visibly relieved, but takes a quick shower so he is out before Niki is done talking to y/n. He gets back to the kitchen quickly and soon after Jack is done as well.

After what seemed like forever Niki finally comes back into the kitchen. All four of us look at her.

"Um y/n says to tell you guys everything is ok, and that she left to go home to freshen up and change. She will be back in 2 hours to spend the day with us." Niki announces. We all let out a sigh, glad that y/n wasn't kidnapped from our own living room. With confirmation she is ok, George finally goes to shower since he is the last one that needs to. As an after thought, I text y/n.
Sapnap: hey y/n dont forget to charge your phone
                                                                                                                                                                                                        k :Official_y/n

a/n hope yall enjoyed this chapter. ngl it was slow to write but was important for upcoming chapters. please vote and comment guys <3

also im sorry this one is so much shorter than the other ones, but its kinda just a filler to the fun chapter next<3