CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

"JUST LET ME MOVE ON

"JUST LET ME MOVE ON."

DECEMBER 17, 2015 — 13:00 PM

"Class, pay attention," Ms. Kang slammed her chalk against the board, everyone perking up as I glanced up. Ms. Kang and I met eyes, her eyes passing me a signal that I couldn't recognize. So, I stared back down, continuing to read my comic with my earbuds in. I didn't have classes during this break, so here I was, hanging out with Ms. Kang during her advanced literature class. "Ugh, never-mind. There's no point in pleasing you all right now, not while you all are staring at my assistant—especially my boys."

I couldn't help but smile as I read, hearing her words. "Five-minute break—please sit back in your seats when you're done being chatty." The class erupted, some talking to friends as they sped around the room. Soon enough, a girl and a boy pulled their chairs away from the desk, sliding them up to talk to me.

"Hey, noona..." The boy poked, causing me to raise an eyebrow.

"I'm not that old," I laughed awkwardly, showing them my ID. They took a peek, gasping. "I'm a junior here, and my name is Yang Yihwa. If you need anything, please come to me."

"Awh, sweet Yang Yihwa~" Someone cooed as they entered the classroom, holding a box of things. They gasped at the pretty appearance of Kim Yena, obviously fanning over her. I rolled my eyes, seeing her youthful, teasing look. "You're treating the freshman so nicely, how kind."

"It's my job—now what do you have?" I asked, causing her to place it on my desk. "Is it important?"

"Files, files, and more files," She named as she dug through the box, shrugging. "I guess you should get to work—and don't forget, we have to go to the cafe down the street to work tonight."

"Got it," I nodded, seeing her wave to the two kids before heading out. Turning back to me, another student had joined the conversation, bringing her chair over. "Hi."

"Hello, I had a quick question since I heard it from some people passing by..." She said, making me nod. "Are you...Choi Beomgyu's girlfriend? You know, Year 3 Choi Beomgyu?"