CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE

"WE'RE GETTING CLOSER TO TOMORROW

"WE'RE GETTING CLOSER TO TOMORROW."

JUNE 3, 2017 — 8:50 AM

Tomorrow was graduation. I'd be able to be free from Beomgyu, be free from this hell I called school. I mean, the prisoners—aka my teachers and friends—that stood with me in here made it all a bit better, but this school was still a prison. I'm glad to be having fun, to remember all the fun... but I wanted it to be over already.

All the seniors had gathered in the gym, practicing how we would be walking to get our diploma. I didn't want to describe to process, especially when I didn't understand it. I was by myself at the back thanks to alphabetical order, but every time Yena had the chance, she'd be gossiping to me about the couple next to her, saying they have relationship problems.

I was tired already from walking around the gym like a fool, but we'd be doing this on the field tomorrow too. Must I continue to stroll around like an idiot tomorrow too!?

"You're all dismissed!" The principal said over the speaker, causing us all to cheer—including me. I was glad that this shit was over—I'd be going back to Ms. Kang and getting my daily chores done for her class. "Thank you for coming, and see you all tomorrow morning for your graduation! Go, Seniors!"

I knew the principal must've been tired of us, too.

"Yiiiiiii~hwa!" I heard, the anticipation in the feminine voice belonging to one person. I turned around to see Yena, jumping around like a small bunny, Taehyun following her like a lost puppy. Beomgyu was nowhere to be found, but who cares? Not me. "We're already out for the day! Can you believe it?"

"Good for you," I chuckled, fixing my ponytail. "However, I'm off to go help Ms. Kang with some things after I go get some fresh air."

"Let me come with you!" Yena said, and before I could fight back, she pulled me away from Taehyun and an upcoming Beomgyu. Pulling me into the courtyard, Yena looking both ways before closing the door behind me. Should I tell her? She might already know, considering that unamused look on her face. Crossing her arms, the girl leaned forward. "Don't worry, there aren't any cameras here. Go ahead."