Epilogue: Forever and Always

EPILOGUE

Khromov Zakhar 'The Russian Prince' Petrovich

"Ice cream, baby. What flavor do you want?"

I removed my earplugs to hear my mother. My eyes followed her gaze. It's the ice cream shop in Red Square selling some cheap ice cream. I hate those, but my mother loves it.

I don't want to hurt her feelings, she's the only one I have in the family who genuinely cares and loves me. She's the only I have that stops me from rebelling to my father.

The car stopped midway.

After the archery game, my mother brought me in Red square. She thought this place would appease my mood with my father not showing up. He ditched every game. It didn't, it annoyed me even more. I grew out the love for this set-up. She has to patch things up for that old man. It wasn't her responsibility. Never will.

My father is full of promises and has the habit of breaking them. I couldn't fathom how my mom take it so effortlessly. That must really love, huh. In that case, I'm not going to be like my mother with her love being taken for granted. Heck, I don't want to love.

"I'm fine, mamushka. I don't want sweets right now," I declined her offer politely.

Her kind lips formed into a smile, she gently messed with my hair. She is the only one allowed to do that. She sighed. "It's a treat, Zakhar. Don't you really want a bite?"

I shook my head firmly. I saw something in her eyes, but she smiled before she got out of the car and went to the shop. The driver accompanied her. While waiting I played with my phone and shut off the world by putting the loudest music on my ears. Every song that plays, it gets more boring.

Pausing the button, I looked outside of the car, then, stared at my wristwatch for a long couple of seconds. They weren't back yet. The driver and my mother hadn't come back. It was roughly thirty minutes, I was still sitting at the back of the car.

Things were going inside my head, but curiosity won over. I got out of the car to check on them. They must have eaten the ice cream on that cheap place. It was a different case, different than what I had in mind.

It was probably the first time I recalled encountering violence. The driver who drove us in Red square is dead, with blood splattering around his lifeless body and a bullet penetrated his skull.

Fear consumed me. The real one. As I peered at his dead eyes, it felt like a nightmare had come into reality.

Where is my mother?

People fled from the scene. They went inside of the shops surrounding the area. I was desperate to find my mother with the fleeing people. Where did she go? Panic and anxiety came rushing to my veins.

Targeted shootout, that was what I suspected. My father is the busiest man in town, he is also one of the richest men in the country. Threats were fired at us everyday, I got to eat some of those in every day life.

I was taught to blend in with people as I searched for my missing mother. Nervousness grew wider inside my nauseous stomach. I was scolding myself for not going with her to buy an ice cream. I was stupid for declining the offer. It was a total asshole move, like my dickhead father.

Speaking of the devil, I need to inform him of what happened. He needs to know. Fuck! I left the phone inside the car. Damn it. I ran back, but stumbled midway, loud screeching of the car filled my ears. Flames erupted. It was totally taken down to the ground.

My heart dropped.

We were talking there earlier. I was annoyed in that car. In a matter of time, it was all gone. I couldn't process yet the death of the driver, my head was already spinning with many tragedies in a day. Mamushka is out there needing for help. For my help.