13) 𝗞𝗮𝗲𝘆𝗮 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗗𝗶𝗹𝘂𝗰

I stood in the middle of my 2 older brothers, mourning the death of my Father.

The name "CREPUS RAGNVINDR" were engraved onto the hard stone tablet.

I wasn't very close to my Father, I felt nothing really.

My Father's first priorities were Diluc & Kaeya, but never me.

I knew how much Father meant to Diluc, he meant the world to him as we had no Mother to financially support our family.

Kaeya seemed to have no remorse what so ever, it seemed like everything was a joke to him.

I hated Kaeya. I knew what kind of person he was, he was a vicious monster.

The atmosphere between the 3 of us was tense & awkward. I wanted to be in my Father's place at that moment.

I took a couple steps back before turning around completely & walking off somewhere else.

I could feel Kaeya & Diluc's eyes onto my back, I knew none of them would run after me.

My back laid straight as I walked into an unfamiliar path.

I didn't know what consumed me whole. I just wanted to leave my family, even if it put me in danger.

I hated everyone. I loved none of my relatives, Diluc, Crepus, Kaeya, I hated each of them equally.

I don't have the right to remain in a family that isn't mine if I knew I wasn't accepted in the first place.

I've always planned to run away & this was my best opportunity.

I never ran away before because I knew better than begging & pleading on the streets.

As for now, I have Crepus' will to spend a little on.

My thoughts swarmed around me like a pack of wild dogs. They kept running & running until I ran.

I ran deeper into the mysterious forest, a smile painted onto my face as I felt freedom for the first time.

Being locked into my Father's care tormented me into thinking differently.

My mind was more advanced than others, for a 14 year old it was extremely impressive what I could solve.

I halt as I ran out of breath, I continued to breathe in & out as I put my palms on my knees.

I laughed like a maniac, nobody was there to discipline me anymore.

I kept running, daring not to look back. I plan on staying free forever, I never wanted to see Diluc or Kaeya ever again.

Since I was in the wilderness, I had to be able to fend & look after myself eventually.

I know there are monsters or "hilichurls" roaming around Teyvat.

I was sure to meet people who do create weapons for special prices, how hard would it be to find them?

❀❀❀

"No kid. I said I'm not helping you."

I was currently trying to bribe one of the knights whom were roaming across Monstadt.

"Pleaseee! I'll give you Mora if you help me out!"

I saw him face immediately lighten up, smirking at him knowing money has its ways to manipulate.

"How much we talkin'?"

I pulled out 5 bags filled with Mora, his face turned brighter than the sun before telling me he'll help me.

"Aren't you the younger sibling of Kaeya? Why can't you ask him?"

I threw the bags at the Knight, quickly picking up his iron sword with ease.

"Quit yapping & start teaching old man, I got all day but not sure if you do."

I saw the knight grab his shield, signaling me to attempt to hit him.

❀❀❀

"You're not bad kid. Say, how 'bout we come back tomorrow for some more training?"

I smiled at the knight, nodding my head at his large figure sitting down on a big stone.

"Take the sword. I'll get another forged for me from Wagner. See you tomorrow."

I felt his hand pat my head gently before handing me the large iron sword.

❀❀❀

"It's been...5 or 6 years since I've last seen that old man & have talked to Diluc & Kaeya."

I finished telling my tale to my friend Lumine, she came to Inazuma for a mission to search for her twin brother.

She mentioned my brothers & asked if I had any knowledge of her twin brother.

I unfortunately said no as I have never heard of an "Aether" in my life before.

She sadly said she had commissions to commit to before bidding me goodbye.

Despite running away I can finally say, I've lived a good life nevertheless.

_________________________________________

A/N: you guys are fucking pissing me off.