Part 16

It's so sad, because I already highlight Paul's feminine aspects and traits when I'm writing him with a girl, but when I write him with a dude, it comes off as I'm imposing fetishy heterosexual roles onto the pairing D:

You've got it backwards, king! I'm the dude in the scenario!! I'm always the dude!!

2 January 1981

8:30am Friday

-----

You awoke once more in the bedroom of Paul's countryside cottage, the morning lights coming in through the homey windows. It was quite peaceful, and it was warm underneath the duvet.

"Could we lie here just a bit more," Paul sleepily said. "We've been fucking so much. Feel right knackered, y'know."

You hummed drowsily in agreement. It was so nice out in the country, quiet outside, except the wind and raindrops dripping from the cottage roof, landing with little tapping sounds.

Paul rolled to his side, resting his chin on your shoulder with a sigh. The unprompted intimacy of it gave you a strange tug in your chest. His skin was soft and warm bare.

You knew he was touchy, (more so than you, and even then, you weren't used to initiating in contexts other than distinctly sexual), but so early after awakening, and the peaceful environment gave a strange feeling to the moment in general. Neither of you clothed, warm beneath the duvet, sharing the heat. It was all very intimate.

You could smell the scent of him that had become familiar. His hair grazed against your neck, his cheek resting by your chest. You could feel his breath on your skin. It wasn't even sexual in the moment, despite his nudity, and the feeling of his curves and shape of his body resting on yours.

Paul's arm lay across your body, his fingertips curled around your side. It was heavier, the soft hair on his forearm grazing against your skin. His fingertips were a bit rougher than the rest of his body. Paul had a wonderful softness everywhere else, even with his more masculine aspects.

Whenever you had a man, you found yourself trying to distance yourself from the roughness of their skin, and the more masculine areas. Those were unpleasant to you, but you usually went after the prettier ones anyway, making up for those other traits... the edge to their bodies, their harsher voices, their stubbornness.

Paul didn't have much of such traits (besides the stubbornness, of course!) But, nothing about his body really put you off at all.

With the way he curled to you, you felt a strange sense of protectiveness, even though it was a silly thought. Paul was likely much more capable of the two of you if it came to it. You could try, sure, get a big head about 'protecting your sweet kitten', but in all honesty, you weren't very strong physically at all.

Paul exhaled softly. That unsettling pull was back.

"Makes me not want to go back." You said in a sigh. It was partly true.

Paul chuckled at that, then continued in a wistful tone.

"Why return? We could be farmers out here." He said sleepily. "We could fuck as much as we'd like, in front of the fireplace, and in springtime, in the grass! We could get a couple horses, y'know. And sheep and things! Grow our own food, like. I could chop the wood, and you could keep the house."

"That's nonsense," You mumbled, amused.

You paused a moment.

"Besides... you'd go mad not having any work to do. You have to be productive. A week in, and you'd be calling up clients."