🍒𝕮𝖆𝖕í𝖙𝖚𝖑𝖔 𝕺𝖈𝖍𝖔🍒

That woman can kiss my ass for all I care. All throughout that little lunch, brunch whatever all I wanted to do was stab her with my butter knife. Looks can really device and she was living proof.

Never again will I be going to that brunch thing again. I'd rather be cooped up in my room. A few minutes after I was done clearing my head I came out of my room for food. As I was on the middle step I caught a glimpse of a client of Carlos. They were seated in the living room. It was a man who had a cigarette between his lips, probably never heard of lung cancer. Be checked his watch from time to time which made the unruly strands of his brownish red hair fall out of gelled back hair. He wore a low beard and a stache to match. His head was held low which showed his chiseled jawline, when he raised it,it revealed his grey eye colour.

This person obviously felt eyes on him and looked up and around, I quickly made my way down the stairs before he realized it was me. I went to the kitchen without paying a glance to the stranger I was observing on the flight of stairs.

"GianFranco." My brother addressed him when he walked into the living room. I heard him coming from a mile away because his shoe sounded like heels on the tiled floor.

Fixing my attention to the fridge I saw a single american apple seated on the shelf before me. It was only one so I would feel bad if I took the last one left. I reached for the orange juice and poured myself a glass. I went back up to my room, the stranger was no longer there.

Boredom drove me crazy while in my room. I looked to the roof at the white flower accessories that swayed from the gold circle which hung from the roof. The flower petals were beautifully carved and placed on it's own thin gold stem. This room was more spacious and also decorated with more luxurious furniture. If I ever wanted something like this in my room I would have to make it myself.

Rule number three was it? No, it was actually number nine. What's the point of the rule if you have a cellar filled with more than likely the most expensive wines you could purchase. Besides I didn't have to drink any, but what's the point of going to the wine cellar in the first place.

Sighing in defeat since I had no cure for this disease, and all pass time activities seemed uninteresting at the moment I went and grabbed the book from off my desk.

'Timothy right? It's Gabby's, I'm the girl who helped you remember? It's good to see you again.' She called to him when she saw him walk by her.

'Good to see a friendly face again Gabby. Thank you again for the other day, but I need you to stay away from me because you'll hate me soon enough like everyone else.' His said to her and sped up the paste at which he walked.

'Why would I hate you? And why would everyone else hate you?' She asked him. It was mid day, the roads were less busy as well as the sidewalks. Only a few people were walking by them.

'Because. I'm a freak of nature. A beast as they usually call me. Just… just look at me." He said removing the hoodie which he used to hide his face.

'As far as I'm concerned all you have is excessive facial hair, explain to me why they call you a beast?'

'Just forget about it Gabby.' He said, retrieving his left hand from her grasp and walked away from her before she could speak another word.

A beast? He seems far from it, she thought to herself continuing  the walk to the front of the small town to meet up with her father. Later she planned on talking to her mother about the friend she had found who called himself a beast.

The book had made me forget about the time. It was five when I reached the twentieth chapter. My brother, Luka, came to tell me the tutor was here. I honestly didn't want to put down the book but summer was coming to an end and I would be joining my brothers in school. The session wasn't much but I atleast I learnt something new.

Weeks ventured into weeks until a month had arrived. It was now October and soon I would start school with the rest of my brothers while still having a tutor. My brothers and I had become less like strangers but not close enough to make it feel like you came from the same womb, with the exclusion of Martin of course. Even though it had been a month since I moved countries I had yet to make a friend here. My friends from back home called me and I them. But not as often since they had school to focus on.

My brothers had developed a nickname for me. Instead of saying Cherry they translated it to say Cereza. I liked the name more than my actual name because it was foreign to me and had an accent which was appealing to my ears.

Today I would be going to a tailor to get myself measured for my school uniform. The female uniform consisted of a green pleated skirt that ended right above my knees, a white blouse and a grey jacket with two green stripes on the end of the sleeves and the crest sewn into the left. I had only seen a display of it on the sheet Carlos got when we went shopping for my books a while back.

I started school in only a few days and I was more than nervous. I was going to be going to school in a place I still feel a stranger to.

“I will have it done in two days time.” The tailor whose name i learnt was Mr. Garcia said, bringing Carlos’ attention away from his phone. “Luka’s is at the cleaners,you can pick them up on the same day.”

Leave it to the Hernandez brothers to do everything last minute. I questioned why Luka was in need of a uniform, when it had been only one month since school had opened. Then last Thursday I saw a school jacket with the arm almost fully ripped off. 

Carlos nodded and told the man to take care then lead the way to the car. The building’s didn’t have a parking lot, so his jeep was parked on the abonond sidewalk like the other cars of the customers going to buildings near this. While we drove I stared out the window expecting it to be a quiet ride back to the house, but Carlos asked me a few questions to kill silence.

“What are you studying to be?” He asked me first.

“A vet. What did you study to be?” Because he didn’t exactly explain to me what he did for a living.

He was silent for a few seconds then he removed his hand off the steering wheel to rub his hair. “A teacher.”

I took a moment to picture my eldest brother as a teacher. I don’t think it would fit him. A few questions later we came to the parking lot of a fast food restaurant. I didn’t ask, but I wondered why we didn’t use the drive thru. We entered the restaurant and joined the line to the cashier. The restaurant was like any other KFC or McDonalds setting, with people all around. 

“See anything you like?” I was asked which brought my attention from my surroundings to my brother then to the board.

My eyes scanned over the board and got stuck on the number with dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets. At the bottom it showed $99.67, I told Carlos which one I wanted, he nodded and moved a place up in the line. We were through in less than fifteen minutes. Instead of carrying the food home; well our portion of what was bought, we ate in the restaurant.

🏻🏼🏽🏾🏿🏾🏽🏼🏻

The day finally came, and my alarm clock justified that. Reaching over to the phone on my right bedside table I slid dismiss to the still ringing alarm on my phone. “Six thirty am.” I mouthed to myself and left my bed. By 7am we left the house and thirty five minute later we arrived at the school compound. The driver left us once we got out. I stared at the large building before me, from its brick physique to the shrubs that were neatly cut like the first time I was here. Luka accompanied us until we got to the entrance. Lukas followed me to get my time to get my schedule and show me to my class.

Luka knocked on the half open door of the class labeled 4B. The class wouldn’t start until eight but a teacher was already present in the room. The teacher stopped talking and turned to us and asked how may I help you? Lukas answered all the questions she asked, until he finally left me to fend for myself in the sea of new faces.