🍒 𝕮𝖆𝖕í𝖙𝖚𝖑𝖔 𝖁𝖊𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖈𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖔🍒

"And what do you mean by that?"

"You're not naïve or ignorant. So answer my question."

"I'm not lonely, as you can see I live in a house with three other people and a dog."

"Now that's being ignorant. It's a simple question for you to answer."

"That's not any of your business though."

"And I know that, but I just want to know if..."

"Cereza, your grades should be your main interest, not me."

"They are, however, focusing on school alone is not interesting."

"Mhmm." Carlos said ready to walk out of the kitchen with phone in hand.

"I had three questions!"

"And what's the third?" He asked turning around, slightly

"What's- why can't I go into your office? What if I needed a stapler or printer? Part b of this question is why can't I also go to the basement?"

"Because you seem very inquisitive and I don't want you in my business is reason enough for you not to enter my office. If you need a stapler I'd gladly buy you your own or you can get one from the twins."

"I don't go into people's business without reason." I said, rolling my eyes. "What's the reason for the basement?"

"It's a large storage room built like a maze."

"What's stored in there?"

"Our mother's old things, she had plenty. Due to the fact that your grandmother told me something about you having nightmares over your mother's body I didn't want you seeing those to trigger you off."

"Oh. Then did they just lie around the house after she left over a decade?"

"That's four questions.

"But we're having a decent conversation, are we not."

"Well no, most of her things were going to get thrown away by my father, but instead he placed them in storage which needed to be paid monthly, so after I bought this house everything was thrown in the basement."

"How big is the basement for her to have so many things?"

"She was a heavy spender, Cereza."

"Ok, those were all my questions. I do not guarantee I will not go in the basement or your office but it's the third or so rule of yours I've broken and I'm planning on breaking all ten."

"Oh really now. Do share."

"Since you insist. I will share them once I have entered the basement." I spoke getting off the island stool and scurried out of the kitchen.

I decided that I would go try something on the keyboard because the house was dead silent and in need of some beautiful noise. The twins I was told left to collect Almo from the pet sitter.

The music book I bought many moons ago sat in my cupboard catching dust at the back. Grabbing that I went back down stairs and to the study. Placing the music sheets on the open piano cover I began to press keys.

What took seconds turned to minutes, then to three hours of being cooped up in the same room. By the end of these three hours I had mastered almost every line. However the hardest part was the middle of the song when the song went from low to high then low again.

After dinner I wandered around the house with Almo and then I passed the basement door a few times. Carlos did give a valid reason not to enter however seeing my mother's things would not cause me to have nightmares, probably my father's but time to open the door.

The door handle was left untouched for months and began to rust. I thought it would almost fall off in my hands. I ran Almo away then proceeded to go down the steps of the basement.

All dark and the light switch I found was to the very back of the room. When the darkness disappeared the neatly arranged shelves came into view. Filled with books, pictures and a few chests of old treasures.

I wasn't aware my mother even liked reading because I only ever saw her buy one book and I don't think she had completed it. However there were three selves in this basement packed to the brim not to mention some scattered across the floor.
There were all Spanish romances. Some about vampires and werewolves, some about superpowers and a mysterious wonderland. The historical ones peaked my interest the most, I was grateful for the tutor coming back next week so I didn't have to google every sentence.

The old chests are where I went next. Vintage like dresses made with smooth silky material soft against the skin. I don't blame my mother for being such a heavy spender.

A cracked mirror over a dripping sink was to the farthest corner of the room. I took a few dresses and and walked towards it. Holding the dresses over my chest, I stood in awe. White with tiny yellow flowers all over a sweetheart neckline. To me this was the best looking one of them all.
After looking through the endless dresses, I moved on to the pictures that took up one shelf of its own. Stacked from top to bottom on both sides. There were mainly pictures of my mother by herself, I wasn't surprised by this because my mother was more than photogenic. However there were a few with her and my brothers. I know there aren't many pictures displayed in the house but I didn't expect one like this to be here of all places.

🏻🏼🏽🏾🏿🏾🏽🏼🏻

Few more minutes later with three book in hand I was ready to leave the basement, not because I had seen everything but I was sweating like a pig in the hot room.

"Where'd you get those books?" Lukas asked as I walked by the living room.

"In the study." I said hurrying to walk away.

"The study has a fan and a functioning AC yet you are sweating like a hog."

"Look. Just don't tell on me."

"You were in the basement? I thought you were told not to enter. You won't have nightmares because of that now will you?"

"Nope. My mother's body had the least amount of scars."

"Mhmm."

"I'll be going now." I said running upstairs.

I took and early shower and I put on comfy lounge wear with frilly socks. I grabbed the book on the top of the pile "Indefenso ''. The cover was plain and the description was vague but don't judge a book by its cover and if my mother loved it, then it most be nice.

I made my way back down stairs and stood outside to read with what little sunlight there was left

I made my way back down stairs and stood outside to read with what little sunlight there was left. However half way in I was told to go inside.

"You went into the basement didn't you?" Carlos said as I passed by him.

"I won't have nightmares over things like that." I said skipping away with the book in hand.

An- I believe I messed up the twins in a few chapters will be editing that.