12| taking it slow

Leah just stood there frozen, her legs rooted to the ground

She didn't know how to respond. So many things were surrounding her brain.

However she had to make a decision- follow her heart or her mind?

Her heart says yes but her mind says no.

When she finally sorted out her emotions, she came to a conclusion, she liked Kane and freaked out.

Many what if's came to her mind- What will his parents react? How will Enya react? Will she get backlash? Is she going to be painted as some gold digger.

But she was scared of his family's reaction. They probably wouldn't approve a girl who worked at their company.

There were other people who are better than me, she thought.

So she was in a dilemma- say yes and face the backlash, or no and feel sad. To follow her heart or mind.

In the end, she said "No" which made Kane's smile fall.

"I had lots of baggage Kane. You don't want to deal with it. You can probably find someone better than me. It's for the best" It pained her to say this but what's said got to be said.

Kane was crestfallen but he wasn't going to let the girl he loved walk away like this.

"I don't want other girls. I want you. Only you. I know we haven't exactly get to know each other so let's do it.

We can start to hang out more, as friends and see where the relationship takes us" Kane pleased, hoping she would understand.

As the saying goes, take the risk or lose the chance.

They would just have to deal with it.

She weighed out the pros and cons and said something which made her happy- "Okay"

Kane swooped her up in joy which made Leah remember something.

"Wait wait" She gently slapped him. "I need to go. Like now. I'm meeting an agent!" She panicked seeing the time was 1.55pm and she was meeting the agent at 2pm.

"I'll drive you quick. Give me the address" Kane responded quickly, running to his car while Leah just followed, letting him take the lead.

Punching in the address on his GPS, he sped off quickly and managed to reach there in time, just late by two minutes.

"You can go back to your place. I'll come find you when I'm done okay? Just send me the address" Leah said as Kane nodded.