16| knowing her

Leah woke up feeling better then ever, but she had no idea where she was the moment she opened her eyes

Looking around, she spotted Kane sleeping somewhat peacefully on the couch.

Recalling the past events, Leah remembered what exactly happened. She was a little embarrassed and guilty.

Kane had to sacrifice and sleep on a couch very small for him and he had to cary her to his room and she slept on his bed.

Not wanting to wake him up, she quietly washed up in the toilet connected to his room and then left the room, letting him sleep well.

She hasn't been anywhere apart from the living room, theatre, kitchen and dinning room so she was clueless.

Navigating her way through, Leah managed to find the dining room from Kane's bedroom. She really needed a map to find where everything was.

When she entered the kitchen, there was only Matthew in there.

He was relaxing and drinking a cup of coffee, while reading a newspaper.

She debated going in, being the most distant with him. They rarely ever had a chance to talk and communicate.

As he was about to turn away and hide, Matthew had spotted her and told her to come over.

"Hi Leah" Matthew greeted her politely. Leah smiled at him and like him addressed his presence.

Matthew smiled at the reciprocated action.

There was the good old awkward silence that took over them. Matthew decided to break that silence and chat.

"Do you like Kane?" Matthew asked in a very gentle tone. He was trying not to sound malicious and aggressive.

Leah always had to give many thoughts to this question. She always knew the answer, she was just scared of the reactions and backlash she would face.

"Yes" Leah said, bracing herself for any comments.

"Thank you", which was Matthew's response. It shocked her.

He went on, "This boy has been through a lot. Lots of people have always tried get close to him because of the money he had.

I am always worried for him. He might look tough but he is just one big softy inside. I hope you can slowly let him in. Take your time, please"

Leah didn't exactly know how to respond, but instead stretched her hands out for a hug.

Matthew did hug back of course. She was glad to have a support outlet. 

At least Kane's parents had nothing against her background. She probably was influenced by the books she has read.

Not long after, everyone slowly trickled into the dining room and breakfast, sandwiches were simultaneously placed on the table for the five of them.