18| the gala

It was the day of the gala

It was the day of the gala. The whole office was buzzing with excitement, happy to have a day off.

Kane had decided to give the whole day off for everyone to go prepare and do their thing.

It was to start at 5pm and end that about 10pm. A good five hours of fun.

Leah woke up feeling quite excited. Her dress was to be delivered later at 12pm.

She and Kane were going together. It came as a surprise to Leah when he suddenly popped the question.

Of course, she agreed. They both would love to spend time together.

Kane had a plan- ask Leah to be his girlfriend today. He hoped that she would say yes, or at least a 'I'm not ready yet but give me time' kind of response.

Since weeks ago, Kane has been planning for this day. All the preparations were made, and all that's left is the execution.

He was nervous. That goes without saying. He just hoped all would go well.

•••

It was about 2.45pm when Leah started to get ready.

She first decided to take a shower, feeling a little sticky from her sweat. It was cool and refreshing, making her awake than ever.

After that, she changed into a random set of comfy clothes, leaving the dress for later and dried her hair.

Luckily enough to have natural curls, there was no need for her to curl her hair or do what-so ever.

Once Leah finished, she decided to play some videos to watch to keep her entertained. Leah always needed some sort of sounds to not get bored.

It is kind of a bad habit but she has never really bothered to change. No one cares anyway.

She had spent ages surfing her feed on youtube, trying to settle for the perfect video. It took her about ten minutes before she was satisfied and changed into her dress.

The packaging wrapped around it was good and made sure nothing would happen to the dress. I mean Kane is paying for the high quality clothing and service.

Leah honestly didn't want to open it because she was in awe with the packaging. If you chiding already tell, she has a thing for packaging.

But she had to. If not, she would have to go there naked. As much as Kane would probably love the sight of that, Leah wouldn't want that.