epilogue

Leah was finally able to open her dream shop after all the drama and problems

Leah was finally able to open her dream shop after all the drama and problems. Wearing the necklace gifted to her when they finally met after weeks, Leah smiled to herself.

Kane stood next to her, proud of her achievements she has made.

She was truly a self made woman, and a damned amazing woman, despite the obstacles faced.

Beside them were their families and friends, all proud of Leah.

As she clicked the release button, everyone cheered at it. Though it was a small milestone, it meant so much to the young woman.

"Dinner at mine!" Kayley exclaimed.

With shouts of agreement, everyone parted ways and left to prepare for the dinner together.

•••

After an hour or so of relaxation, Leah and Kane set off to her parent's place. They decided to do a potluck style and get everyone to bring something.

Though, Kayley and Liam would prepare the bulk of the dinner tonight. But with the large number of people, it was best fit to prepare more than less.

Kane and Leah decided to prepare snacks like chicken wings, nuggets, fries and some popcorn chicken and brought it along.

Leah had prepared the chicken wings and popcorn chicken earlier this week mainly for their consumption, but seeing there was a potluck happening, these were thought to be a great addition.

As for the nuggets and fries, they rummaged through their frozen goods chucked in the freezer and decided to air fry them with the air fryer they had purchased a month ago.

Once they had finally agreed on what to bring, Leah brought them out to defrost and had some time to relax.

It was a pretty exhausting day and all she wanted to do was to lie in bed. At least she was able to do just that.

Not long after, she fell sleep, drifting to her own la la land.

•••

She felt someone shaking her up from her deep sleep. Slowly, she opened her eyes and saw Kane, as expected.

"Come on, we have about an hour left. I packed everything already. Just go get ready" Kane said, pecking Leah on the lips before leaving her to her own privacy.

She first decided on what to wear, then took a quick rinse before slipping on a white dress with flower patterns on it.